Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep, awk, typeset in a shell script.. Post 302222444 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 11:00:06 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Code:
nawk '{print toupper($1)" is husband of"toupper($2)" & father of "toupper($3)}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset and values returned from awk output

Somebody can please give a highlight on this. The problem shows only on Linux(Redhat) not any other unix flavors :confused: Linux : $unset m $m=`find . -newer rman_padev_20051206195000.out -name "*L0.rman" -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ s+=$5 } END{printf("%.0f", s)}'` $echo $m 7425089536... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathom
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script / Grep / Awk to variable and Loop

Hi, I have a text file with data in that I wish to extract, assign to a variable and process through a loop. Kind of the process that I am after: 1: Grep the text file for the values. Currently using: cat /root/test.txt | grep TESTING= | awk -F"=" '{ a = $2 } {print a}' | sort -u ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoonless
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with awk and grep script

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID for USERID in `cat passwd | awk -F : '{print $1}'` do USERHOME=`grep ^$/qianxin/ passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep ^$/qianxin/ passwd | awk -F : '{print $7}'` $PRINTF "$USERID\n" $PRINTF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts. Here is my script #!/bin/csh -f source .orapass set user = $USER set pass = $PASS cd /opt/data/scripts echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how the typeset command works in shell script

typeset -l section section=${2:-.} what does these 2 lines meaning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with awk and grep

Hi .. I am working on a shell script to do following task. I have Input file as follows. I have to find failed or Offline disk and run command # hic -ip 172.124.24.59 getlogicalgrp |grep -B10 diskid against the disk ID which is 1 line above the disk state. I am using grep with -b10 is because... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help when using Typeset in AIX Korn Shell

Guys, please help! I am currently using an AIX server however whenever I tried to use the typeset -F3, the variable is resulting with a "#". In the given example below, I declared x to be a decimal holding 3 decimal places = 1.455. However whenever I tried to echo the $x, the resulting value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script: Sorting by column using grep/awk

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will write a script that will read a tab-separated file that contains the names of all 50 states &... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
KICONV(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 KICONV(3)

NAME
kiconv_add_xlat16_cspair, kiconv_add_xlat16_cspairs, kiconv_add_xlat16_table -- kernel side iconv library LIBRARY
Kernel side iconv library (libkiconv, -lkiconv) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/iconv.h> int kiconv_add_xlat16_cspair(const char *tocode, const char *fromcode, int flag); int kiconv_add_xlat16_cspairs(const char *foreigncode, const char *localcode); int kiconv_add_xlat16_table(const char *tocode, const char *fromcode, const void *data, int datalen); DESCRIPTION
The kiconv library provides multi-byte character conversion tables for kernel side iconv service. The kiconv_add_xlat16_cspair() function defines a conversion table using iconv(3) between fromcode charset and tocode charset. You can spec- ify flag to determine if tolower(3) / toupper(3) conversion is included in the table. The flag has following values. KICONV_LOWER KICONV_FROM_LOWER It generates a tolower table in addition to a character conversion table. The difference between two is tolower tocode or tolower fromcode. KICONV_UPPER KICONV_FROM_UPPER It generates a toupper table in addition to a character conversion table. The difference between two is toupper tocode or toupper fromcode. A tolower/toupper conversion is limited to single-byte characters. The kiconv_add_xlat16_cspairs() function defines two conversion tables which are from localcode to foreigncode and from foreigncode to localcode. These conversion tables also contain both tolower and toupper tables. The kiconv_add_xlat16_table() function defines a conversion table directly pointed by data whose length is datalen, not using iconv(3). SEE ALSO
iconv(3), tolower(3), toupper(3) BSD
July 17, 2003 BSD