Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Storedge D1000 sharing disks between two boxes Post 302222426 by BG_JrAdmin on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 09:42:37 PM
Old 08-06-2008
Storedge D1000 sharing disks between two boxes

Hello,

I have a d1000, it's connected to two servers, I want both servers to see all disks in the array. i.e. i have 6 disks, 3 in each side, I want both servers to see all 6 disks.

It appears to be setup in a split bus mode now, ive looked thru the manuals and have become confused!

So, other than trying all the dip switch combinations manually, i wonder if anyone knows how to set the d1000 up in this manner.

Thanks if anyone can help!

B

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sharing a unified dbaseIII file between 4 SCO boxes

Hi, I have an application which must use a unified database, the application will run on 4 SCO boxes, so the database will be in one of them and the application in the other 3 servers will access this database on the host machine. This is as a file sharing application in windows. I know this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

Hi folks, I´m having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Using Enterprise 4500 with storedge D100 and storedge A5200

Sorry if this seems trivial. i have been given a task at work to configure a sun processing server "enterprise 4500" so it can work with the a storage server "storedge A5200" and "storedge D1000" the truth is i have never worked on a sun server before. i need a guideline (step by step) as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawalidowu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

d1000 or minipac with six disk slot

Hi All, Is there anyway two nodes can share D1000 or minipack with 6 disk slots. Right now I have minipacks and I am connecting to Sunblade 100 and Sunbladew 150 separately. I would like to connect two systems to one minipack and able see the all the disks on both systems. I do have D1000... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriny
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Storedge IP

Hi Community, could you provide me a procedure or solaris 10 tool/command or Veritas command to check ths Storedge IP? Thank you!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

8. Solaris

connection problem with Storedge D1000

Hi, Recently i was trying to connect Sun Storedge D1000 Array to E420 R (Practice servers). I connected the SCSI cable between array and server. I tried the following : #devfsadm (nothing showed up) #format (no new disk is shown here) i tried this process again after putting ON the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluegold86
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Move disks to different StorEdge, keeping RAID

Hi. I need to move a 5 disk RAID5 array from a SE3310 box to a different SE3310 array. After installing the disks in the "new" StorEdge device, I "would like" ;) to be able have access to the data which is on the RAID. Essentially, the quesion is, how can this be done? :confused: I checked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexs77
5 Replies

10. Solaris

D1000 Storedge array connection

I am trying to connect D1000 storedge with my sun blade 1500 and i am getting the following error when booting the system. Oct 13 22:21:56 brampton rpcbind: rpcbind terminating on signal. Oct 13 22:22:02 brampton syseventd: SIGHUP caught - reloading modules Oct 13 22:22:02 brampton... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnathan
9 Replies