Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl search and replace not working in csh script Post 302222389 by NobluesFDT on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 06:31:16 PM
Old 08-06-2008
Perl search and replace not working in csh script

I am using perl to perform a search and replace. It works at the command line, but not in the csh shell script

perl -pi -e 's@/Pattern@@g' $path/$file

I used the @ as my delimiter because the pattern contains "/"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search & replace password perl script

I wanted a perl script to be done for Password search & replace in two files. For Example: Example 1)--i am having a file such as cat /opt/customer/Ariba/UAT/ariba/app/buyer/Server/config/Parameters.table Example 2)--and i am having a other file in other location such as cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscript22
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in Perl

Hello, I have a Perl script that reads in an Excel spread sheet and formats the values into a text file. I am having trouble with one column that can have numbers or letters. Excel left justifies the values that start with a letter and right justifies the values that contain only a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script to search for files and display result

Hello all. I'm a long time browser, first time poster...Be gentle :-) I don't use csh much, but have been asked to make a small script for our HP-UX systems to search for a report file(s) or summary file and display the result (I was using vuepad, but this probably is just complicating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neillsm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search sprintf and replace with snprintf

Dear all, I am new to perl script and would need some help for my 1st script. I wrote a script to search sprintf(buf,"%s", sourcestring) and replace with snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf),"%s", sourcestring). As snprintf() requires an extra argument, so it is not a simple search-and-replace. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChaMeN
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh

I want to replace a certain pattern with the variable already defined. e.g. set path_verilog = /home/priya/bin/verilogfile my file contents are : verilog new verilog is defined here verilog_path_comes I am using the below command sed 's/verilog_path_comes/'$path_verilog'/g' <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF is not working in csh script

cat tmp0.txt 700000 #!/bin/csh -fx set id=`cat tmp0.txt` echo $id if ("$id" == "700000") then echo "Good Morning" endif if ("$id" == "700002") then echo "Good evening" endif My output from terminal set id=`cat tmp0.txt` cat tmp0.txt echo 700000 700000 ==... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace is not working by sed or awk

Hi , I have one file and in this file i have one like TEST1 KEY0=AAC040R1;AAC041R1ISE;AAC041R2ISE;AAC370R1;ADR0500;ADR0600;AME245R1;AME245R2;BAP0135;BAP0300;PPINVDTD*;PPJERPTD*;PPJERPT*;PRBSUMM*;: i want to replace this line with the following line TEST1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashissau
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

>& redirection not working within csh script

I'm having a strange problem with basic >& output redirection to a simple log file in csh. When I run this particular output redirection on the command line, it works, but then when I run the same output redirection command >& in my c shell script, I get a blank log file. Nothing is output to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: silencio
5 Replies
CG(1)																	     CG(1)

NAME
cg - Recursively grep for a pattern and store it. SYNOPSIS
cg [ -l ] | [ [ -i ] pattern [ files ] ] DESCRIPTION
cg does a search though text files (usually source code) recursively for a pattern, storing matches and displaying the output in a human- readable fashion. It is intended to give some of the functionaly of AT&T's cscope(1) tool, with the advantages of simplicity and not being language-specific. The script will colorize output if configured as such. It is typically run with a Perl regular expression to search for. The search can be made case insensitive by using the -i option. A list of files may also be specified with an additional argument after the pattern. Put the files pattern in quotes to make it be matched by Perl rather than by the shell. Running the script with no arguments will recall the results of the previous search. After the search, entries found can be edited using the vg(1) script. The -l option shows the last log made. SOME EXAMPLES
cg - alone recalls the previous search results. cg -i pattern - search the default list of files for all files matching the pattern (and case-insensitively). cg pattern '*.c' - search recursively for pattern in all *.c files. This automatically converts '*' to '.*' and '.' to '.' for you and does a Perl pattern match on all files in the tree. cg pattern *.c - search through the shell-expanded list of *.c files, so not done recursively (in other words, only the files your shell pass to the script as arguments). cg -l - show the last log made. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS -i Do a case-insensitive search. -l Show the last log made. -p Toggle the default pager option. cg has a bulit-in pager function, which can be enabled or disabled by default (in .cgvgrc). If the default is enabled, this option disables the pager; if the default is disabled, this option enables it. -P Force the built-in pager to be disabled. FILES
${HOME}/.cglast Log file of the last search. ${HOME}/.cgvgrc Per-user configuration file (if the defaults are not desireable). ${HOME}/.cgvg/* Log files in $HOSTNAME.shell_pid form with the log of the last search. SEE ALSO
vg(1), perl(1), find(1), grep(1), cscope(1) AUTHOR
cg was written by Joshua Uziel <uzi@uzix.org>. 13 Mar 2002 CG(1)