Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News RipCode builds video transcoding device on Linux base Post 302222341 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 04:20:06 PM
Old 08-06-2008
RipCode builds video transcoding device on Linux base

08-06-2008 01:00 PM
When RipCode decided to build a video transcodingdevice three years ago, it used MontaVista Linux Professional Edition, a platform designed for developers who want all the benefits of an open source development environment.

Source...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Connecting from Windows base OS to linux

I have a network consisting of Linux Server, Win-Nt & 95 OS. I am able to connect from Linux to Win-NT using either ftp / telnet in time. But it takes me around & more than 50 seconds to connect from Wint -Nt/95 to Linux using either ftp/telnet. My network is small & it hardly consists 20-25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch MP3 transcoding.

Hello everyone, I've made a script and I want to share and get new ideas for improving it. So far, the script 1. Searches a directory tree for MP3 files; 2. Check their bitrates; 3. Change any bitrate higher than 128 kbps to VBR 4 (It ignores files with a bitrate lower or equal to 128, as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lvxferre
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)