Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split and making an array inside another array Post 302222228 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 10:07:19 AM
Old 08-06-2008
try this: setting a field separator.
Code:
awk -F: '{ a[FNR]=$1; b[FNR]=$2; c[FNR]=$3 }
            END{
            for(i in a) { hour+=a[i]}
            for(i in b) { min+=b[i]}
            for(i in c) { sec+=c[i]}
            printf "hours=%d min=%d sec=%d\", hour, min,sec)
            } ' inputfile

And yes, you can perform arithmetic as you see above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array inside an array

hi All, I have a array as follows, array1=("xx" "abc" "def" "xyz") and each array1 is also storing some array values, like array1=abc and abc=("a" "b" "c") etcetera etcetra......... Note : each subarray under array1 have index 3 i.e. it can max contain 3 values if i echo ${abc} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array inside awk

Hi All, I have the following code sequence for reading some bulk file and moving the content to two different arrays. while read data do THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $data | egrep "3G"` if then NEW_THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $THREEG_PATTERN | cut -d " " -f2` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making array of string with bash

in.txt libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base Output should be: libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer0_10-plugins-base Then: #!/bin/sh v=(libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script :making array

Hi , i have a perl script which takes 'csv; file as input parameter and performs some tasks. CSV file format : MAGENTF,AGENTF8,mahfr001,tksfr01,. ./.profile 1>/dev/null 2>&1;ps -fe|grep 'gn1avm_agent -n AGENTF8'|grep gn1avm_agent|tr -s '' ''|cut -d ' ' -f 3|xargs kill -9,,. ./.profile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique inside array

I have a file root@server # cat /root/list12 11.22.33.44 22.33.44.55 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 I try to pass to array and display unique. root@server# cat /root/test12.sh #!/bin/bash #delcare array badips and accumulate values to array elemenrs badips=( $( cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable inside array?

I tried to use variable inside an array variable, but its not working as expected.:wall: ENV1=123 ENV1=789 ENV1=120 ENV2=567 if then name=ENV1 echo "${name}" echo "${name}" echo "${name}" else name=ENV1 echo "${name}" fi Output: ./val.sh 1 123 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayavinoth
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array inside sed

Hi guys Let me at first describe the whole thing that I'm trying to do. Lets say I have 100 files like the following one. Ow 1230 16.000000 -0.834000 16.083957 1.751652398 -17.20094528 -4.450623277 Hw 1231 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split a string into array?

value=malayalam # i need to store the value in an array by splitting the character #the output i need is m a l a y a l a m Please use CODE tags for output data as well as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies

10. Programming

Making an array of 2D arrays in C

I hate I'm asking for help again. Unfortunately it seems there just aren't any links I can find on making an array that holds a bunch of two dimensional arrays. Maybe my google-fu is lacking. Basically I have a header file like this: #define MATRIX 10 int white_l1; int white_l2; int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
SPLITI(3)								 1								 SPLITI(3)

spliti - Split string into array by regular expression case insensitive

SYNOPSIS
array spliti (string $pattern, string $string, [int $limit = -1]) DESCRIPTION
Splits a $string into array by regular expression. This function is identical to split(3) except that this ignores case distinction when matching alphabetic characters. Warning This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - Case insensitive regular expression. If you want to split on any of the characters which are considered special by regular expressions, you'll need to escape them first. If you think spliti(3) (or any other regex function, for that matter) is doing something weird, please read the file regex.7, included in the regex/ subdirectory of the PHP distribution. It's in manpage for- mat, so you'll want to do something along the lines of man /usr/local/src/regex/regex.7 in order to read it. o $string - The input string. o $limit - If $limit is set, the returned array will contain a maximum of $limit elements with the last element containing the whole rest of $string. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of strings, each of which is a substring of $string formed by splitting it on boundaries formed by the case insensitive regular expression $pattern. If there are n occurrences of $pattern, the returned array will contain n+1 items. For example, if there is no occurrence of $pattern, an array with only one element will be returned. Of course, this is also true if $string is empty. If an error occurs, spliti(3) returns FALSE. EXAMPLES
This example splits a string using 'a' as the separator : Example #1 spliti(3) example <?php $string = "aBBBaCCCADDDaEEEaGGGA"; $chunks = spliti ("a", $string, 5); print_r($chunks); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => [1] => BBB [2] => CCC [3] => DDD [4] => EEEaGGGA ) NOTES
Note As of PHP 5.3.0, the regex extension is deprecated in favor of the PCRE extension. Calling this function will issue an E_DEPRECATED notice. See the list of differences for help on converting to PCRE. Tip spliti(3) is deprecated as of PHP 5.3.0. preg_split(3) with the i ( PCRE_CASELESS) modifier is the suggested alternative. SEE ALSO
preg_split(3), split(3), explode(3), implode(3). PHP Documentation Group SPLITI(3)