Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java File Chooser customization Post 302222018 by cbkihong on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 10:06:17 PM
Old 08-05-2008
Please find more information from the following resources. One of them gives you an example of how to extend a JFileChooser.

Customizing JFileChooser
Customizing JFileChooser and Best Practices in Exception Handling Tech Tips

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kickstart centOS 5.1 ---customization question

I am doing a centos 5.1 kickstart install for a school project and was wondering if there is a way to install a custom desktop background image.(upon 1st time logging into system) (instead of showing the default centos desktop background, it would show a custom image) Would i have to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuGz
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Grub customization

I installed 9.10 this weekend. It's a fresh install. It installed GRUB, which works great, but with the 9.04 install I could customize the Grub menu (color, default OS and timeout) by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst. That file is no where to be found on this install. I've searched and all I find is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customization within UNIX/AIX

Hey guys I am sorry if this has been posted before but I have not been able to locate. How can I set up after I cd to a directory it displays above my command line after I enter into it? Also to get to the previous command I cannot press up on my keyboard it just moves up. How can I change... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koopa_Troopa
17 Replies

4. AIX

Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK

Folks, Any idea of where can I find a specific file to differentiate JRE and Java JDK installed on AIX platform :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellcisco
3 Replies
gdmXnestchooser(1)						   User Commands						gdmXnestchooser(1)

NAME
gdmXnestchooser, gdmXnest - run an XDMCP chooser SYNOPSIS
gdmXnestchooser [--background] [--broadcast] [--direct] [--no-gdm-check] [--no-query] [--xnest-extra-options=options] [--xnest=string] [gnome-std-options] hostname DESCRIPTION
gdmXnestchooser automatically gets the correct display number, sets up access, and runs Xnest with -indirect localhost. This ensures that you get an XDMCP chooser that is provided by your machine. You can also specify the hostname whose chooser should be displayed, so that gdmXnestchooser somehost runs the XDMCP chooser from host somehost inside an Xnest. gdmXnest is a symbolic link to gdmXnestchooser and is the same as running gdmXnestchooser with the --no-query and --no-gdm-check options. gdmXnest is useful for running Xnest without actually connecting somewhere. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b, --background Run in the background. -B, --broadcast Run broadcast instead of indirect (chooser). -d, --direct Do direct query instead of indirect (chooser). --no-gdm-check Do not check for running GDM. -n, --no-query Just run Xnest, no query (no chooser). -o, --xnest-extra-options=options Extra options for Xnest. The default is no options. -x, --xnest=string Xnest command line. The default value is Xnest. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: hostname Hostname whose chooser should be displayed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the XDMCP Chooser From Host somehost Inside an Xnest example% gdmXnestchooser somehost Example 2: Connecting to somehost Directly Run example% gdmXnestchooser -d somehost FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdmXnestchooser Executable to run an XDMCP chooser ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdmdynamic(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdm(1m), gdm-restart(1m), gdmsetup(1m), attributes(5), gnome-std- options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp@mkp.net>, George Lebl <jirka@5z.com>. Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 by Martin K. Petersen. Copyright (c) 2001, 2003, 2004 by George Lebl. Copyright (c) 2003 by Red Hat, Inc. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2004 gdmXnestchooser(1)