Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java File Chooser customization Post 302221990 by ajgwin on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 06:17:44 PM
Old 08-05-2008
Java File Chooser customization

I am trying to add some other things onto the standard file chooser. I would like to have something like this at the bottom of the file chooser (underneath the Select and Cancel buttons). I will try to make this as legible as possible:

File Name:
File Type:
Select Cancel

A list or something of the sort that can only have one value selected:

Sorts
Plots
Both

2 checkboxes that can both or neither or either one be checked:

Print
Alerts

I can do the sorts,plots,both part in a different dialog box like this:

Object[] possibilities = {"Create PDS sorts file (*.txt)", "Create PDS plots file (*.ps)", "Create both sorts and plots files"};

String s = (String)JOptionPane.showInputDialog(this,null,"Batch Parameters",JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE,null,possibilities,possibilities[0]);

I really want this to appear on the file chooser dialog box. It doesn't have to be in the list type thing that it is in, but that would be nice.

I have found something called setAccessory, but I don't really understand how it works.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Allyson

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kickstart centOS 5.1 ---customization question

I am doing a centos 5.1 kickstart install for a school project and was wondering if there is a way to install a custom desktop background image.(upon 1st time logging into system) (instead of showing the default centos desktop background, it would show a custom image) Would i have to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuGz
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Grub customization

I installed 9.10 this weekend. It's a fresh install. It installed GRUB, which works great, but with the 9.04 install I could customize the Grub menu (color, default OS and timeout) by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst. That file is no where to be found on this install. I've searched and all I find is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customization within UNIX/AIX

Hey guys I am sorry if this has been posted before but I have not been able to locate. How can I set up after I cd to a directory it displays above my command line after I enter into it? Also to get to the previous command I cannot press up on my keyboard it just moves up. How can I change... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koopa_Troopa
17 Replies

4. AIX

Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK

Folks, Any idea of where can I find a specific file to differentiate JRE and Java JDK installed on AIX platform :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellcisco
3 Replies
iwidgets::dialog(1)						  [incr Widgets]					       iwidgets::dialog(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
iwidgets::dialog - Create and manipulate a dialog widget SYNOPSIS
iwidgets::dialog pathName ?options? INHERITANCE
itk::Toplevel <- iwidgets::Shell <- iwidgets::Dialogshell <- iwidgets::Dialog STANDARD OPTIONS
background cursor foreground See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options. INHERITED OPTIONS
buttonBoxPadX buttonBoxPadY buttonBoxPos padX padY separator thickness See the "dialogshell" manual entry for details on the above inherited options. height master modality width See the "shell" manual entry for details on the above inherited options. title See the "Toplevel" manual entry for details on the above inherited options. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The iwidgets::dialog command creates a dialog box providing standard buttons and a child site for use in derived classes. The buttons include ok, apply, cancel, and help. Methods and Options exist to configure the buttons and their containing box. METHODS
The iwidgets::dialog command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the com- mand. The following commands are possible for dialog widgets: INHERITED METHODS
add buttonconfigure defaulthide index insert invoke show See the "buttonbox" manual entry for details on the above inherited methods. childsite See the "dialogshell" manual entry for details on the above inherited methods. activate center deactivate See the "shell" manual entry for details on the above inherited methods. WIDGET-SPECIFIC METHODS pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwid- gets::dialog command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::dialog command. EXAMPLE
package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::dialog .d -modality global .d buttonconfigure OK -command {puts OK; .d deactivate 1} .d buttonconfigure Apply -command {puts Apply} .d buttonconfigure Cancel -command {puts Cancel; .d deactivate 0} .d buttonconfigure Help -command {puts Help} listbox [.d childsite].lb -relief sunken pack [.d childsite].lb -expand yes -fill both if {[.d activate]} { puts "Exit via OK button" } else { puts "Exit via Cancel button" } AUTHOR
Mark L. Ulferts Bret A. Schuhmacher KEYWORDS
dialog, dialogshell, shell, widget Tk iwidgets::dialog(1)