Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help to understand cpio and no rewind tapes Post 302221893 by MikaBaghinen on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 01:03:05 PM
Old 08-05-2008
If available under SCO have a look at the "mt" command's man page.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will cpio span tapes ?

Hi. I am very new to the unix world, although not to computers in general (i'm a DBA). We have some procedure here for backup files from the filesystem to tape, on which they chose cpio to back it up. What they do is similar to this: ls /dirname/ | cpio -ov -O/dev/ntape/tape0 But since files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the function of rewind()?

What is the function of rewind()? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerkin
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with fgets and rewind function ..

Hello Friends, I got stuck with fgets () & rewind() function .. Please need help.. Actually I am doing a like, The function should read lines from a txt file until the function is called.. If the data from the txt file ends then it goes to the top and then again when the function is called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

7. Solaris

vxdump with more tapes

Hi Community, I've a V440 Sun Server with 2 device tape of 72GB. I have to backup a folder of 80 GB, so I have to use 2 tapes of 72GB (144 GB); If I use vxdump command which are the options that I have to use? When the first tape finishes does the system stop the backup? Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

8. Programming

How do I copy or rewind *argv[]

I'm working on my own pow function and I need to make a copy of *argv but I think that I am having trouble with the size of *argv and the size of any array that I make. The code below isn't working for me. and I want to accept any number no matter the size with pow -f 2 2. I was working out... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
16 Replies

9. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
PO4AMAN-DISPLAY-PO(1)						    Po4a Tools						     PO4AMAN-DISPLAY-PO(1)

NAME
po4aman-display-po - display a translated man page according to a PO SYNOPSIS
po4aman-display-po -p PO_FILE [-m MASTER_FILE] [-o PO4A_OPT] DESCRIPTION
po4aman-display-po can be used by a translator who wants to check how the man page being translated in a PO will be displayed. The manual page must be in one of the formats supported by the po4a's man module. The manual page can be provided on the command line, or installed on the system. Manual pages generated from other formats, like DocBook or POD, are not supported. See po4apod-display-po(1) for an equivalent supporting POD documents. OPTIONS
-p PO_FILE The PO file containing the translations. -m MASTER_FILE The original man page. It can be the absolute or relative path to the original man page (gzipped or not), the name the man page or the name and section of the man page (using the man.section format). When the master document is not provided with the -m option, po4aman-display-po tries to find the original man page based on the line reference of the first string in the PO. -o PO4A_OPT Some options to pass to po4a-translate(1). SEE ALSO
po4apod-display-po(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Huriaux Po4a Tools 2006-04-08 PO4AMAN-DISPLAY-PO(1)