Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read input file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers read input file Post 302221855 by tjmannonline on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 11:24:08 AM
Old 08-05-2008
that works too.

if [ -z "$employee" ] - works also.

once again, thank you much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read input file for batch job

hi all, I am a newbie in unix shell script. May I know how to write a bacth job to read a list of files afrom the inout file and do the chmod ? Thanks. i.e. inside input.txt ==== a.txt b.txt c.txt and I want to write a batch job to read the input .txt and do the chmod 755 for all 3... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the input from a file in background process?

Hi I have a script to run some other scripts automatically. But while running the script it should take the input value from a text file instead of taking from the keyboard. Please find last two lines of the script below. Here ans should be taken from a text file ineerly without displaying this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirdi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script that will read from 2 input file

Hi Everyone. I am new in this scripting world. I need to know about script that I can use on linux/sun operating systems. I have 2 input file. File 1: Its has an header information and then data in 2 different columns. File 2 : It has data in 9 different columns/ I need an script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syahmed
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read text file and use it as input

I need to take a text file that holds a bunch of data and run each the stuff in it as an input for the program. the file would hold stuff like this: thing1.awesomesite.com 80 123.456 thing2.awesomesite.com 80 789.098 thing3.awesomesite.com 80 765.432 ... Now I already know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shade917
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input from file and pass it to sub shell

i have a scenario where in i have to monitor jobs which run in different servers, The job details(job name, host server, etc) are present in a dat file. I have written a script a script which reads the details from the dat file and calls a local method where the job monitoring logic is present.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubucker0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input file and used it to SQL query

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to read each line $1 and $2 of input file and used it to query. Ex. file1.txt(number range) 9064500000 9064599999 9064600000 9064699999 9064700000 9064799999 Database name: ranges_log a_no message 9064500001 test 9064700000 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not read input file

Hi everyone, I have problems with this script. This script should check for a folder for each server in the list of the list.txt file. The script only checks the first host, and then exits, why? #!/bin/bash file='/etc/list.txt' while read line; do echo $line if ssh root@$line "stat /var >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashrik
2 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance - Applying a role to an object instance VERSION
version 2.0604 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Role::Job::Manager; use List::Util qw( first ); use Moose::Role; has 'employees' => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'ArrayRef[Employee]', ); sub assign_work { my $self = shift; my $work = shift; my $employee = first { !$_->has_work } @{ $self->employees }; die 'All my employees have work to do!' unless $employee; $employee->work($work); } package main; my $lisa = Employee->new( name => 'Lisa' ); MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); my $homer = Employee->new( name => 'Homer' ); my $bart = Employee->new( name => 'Bart' ); my $marge = Employee->new( name => 'Marge' ); $lisa->employees( [ $homer, $bart, $marge ] ); $lisa->assign_work('mow the lawn'); DESCRIPTION
In this recipe, we show how a role can be applied to an object. In this specific case, we are giving an employee managerial responsibilities. Applying a role to an object is simple. The Moose::Meta::Role object provides an "apply" method. This method will do the right thing when given an object instance. MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); We could also use the "apply_all_roles" function from Moose::Util. apply_all_roles( $person, MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta ); The main advantage of using "apply_all_roles" is that it can be used to apply more than one role at a time. We could also pass parameters to the role we're applying: MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply( $lisa, -alias => { assign_work => 'get_off_your_lazy_behind' }, ); We saw examples of how method exclusion and alias working in Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Restartable_AdvancedComposition. CONCLUSION
Applying a role to an object instance is a useful tool for adding behavior to existing objects. In our example, it is effective used to model a promotion. It can also be useful as a sort of controlled monkey-patching for existing code, particularly non-Moose code. For example, you could create a debugging role and apply it to an object at runtime. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)