Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Incompatibility an old c and gcc 4.3.1.urgency plz Post 302221695 by galaxy.ice on Tuesday 5th of August 2008 03:10:10 AM
Old 08-05-2008
Data Incompatibility an old c and gcc 4.3.1.urgency plz

I couldn't compile this code in gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.1 20080507.
got me these!

sniffer.c: In function ‘int CreateRawSocket(int)':
sniffer.c:16: error: ‘htons' was not declared in this scope
sniffer.c: In function ‘int BindRawSocketToInterface(char*, int, int)':
sniffer.c:31: error: ‘bzero' was not declared in this scope
sniffer.c:37: error: ‘strncpy' was not declared in this scope
sniffer.c:48: error: ‘htons' was not declared in this scope
sniffer.c: In function ‘int main(int, char**)':
sniffer.c:103: error: invalid conversion from ‘int*' to ‘socklen_t*'
sniffer.c:103: error: initializing argument 6 of ‘ssize_t recvfrom(int, void*, size_t, int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)'

how i can fix it?

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
#include<sys/socket.h>
#include<features.h>
#include<linux/if_packet.h>
#include<linux/if_ether.h>
#include<errno.h>
#include<sys/ioctl.h>
#include<net/if.h>

int CreateRawSocket(int protocol_to_sniff)
{
	int rawsock;

if((rawsock = socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, htons(protocol_to_sniff)))== -1)
	{
		perror("Error creating raw socket: ");
		exit(-1);
	}

return rawsock;
}

int BindRawSocketToInterface(char *device, int rawsock, int protocol)
{

struct sockaddr_ll sll;
	struct ifreq ifr;

bzero(&sll, sizeof(sll));
	bzero(&ifr, sizeof(ifr));

/* First Get the Interface Index  */

strncpy((char *)ifr.ifr_name, device, IFNAMSIZ);
	if((ioctl(rawsock, SIOCGIFINDEX, &ifr)) == -1)
	{
		printf("Error getting Interface index !\n");
		exit(-1);
	}

/* Bind our raw socket to this interface */

sll.sll_family = AF_PACKET;
	sll.sll_ifindex = ifr.ifr_ifindex;
	sll.sll_protocol = htons(protocol); 

if((bind(rawsock, (struct sockaddr *)&sll, sizeof(sll)))== -1)
	{
		perror("Error binding raw socket to interface\n");
		exit(-1);
	}

return 1;

}

void PrintPacketInHex(unsigned char *packet, int len)
{
	unsigned char *p = packet;

printf("\n\n---------Packet---Starts----\n\n");

while(len--)
	{
		printf("%.2x ", *p);
		p++;
	}

printf("\n\n--------Packet---Ends-----\n\n");

}

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	int raw;
	unsigned char packet_buffer[2048]; 
	int len;
	int packets_to_sniff;
	struct sockaddr_ll packet_info;
	int packet_info_size = sizeof(packet_info);

/* create the raw socket */

raw = CreateRawSocket(ETH_P_IP);

/* Bind socket to interface */

BindRawSocketToInterface(argv[1], raw, ETH_P_IP);

/* Get number of packets to sniff from user */

packets_to_sniff = atoi(argv[2]);

/* Start Sniffing and print Hex of every packet */

while(packets_to_sniff--)
	{
		if((len = recvfrom(raw, packet_buffer, 2048, 0, (struct sockaddr*)&packet_info, &packet_info_size)) == -1)
		{
			perror("Recv from returned -1: ");
			exit(-1);
		}
		else
		{
			/* Packet has been received successfully !! */

PrintPacketInHex(packet_buffer, len);
		}
	}

return 0;
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Plz!

Ok, here's the deal. I'm running WinXp. I was merging two partitions using partition magic when I lost power to my box. I have very IMPORTANT data on one partition and the other is blank, hence the attempted merge. After the power loss, I booted my system up. Now, I was getting errors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silicon Demon
2 Replies

3. Programming

plz help!

i'm pretty new to unix programming. i just wanna know how exactly fork(), waitpid() works. i have read some from the book, but it's still confusing. especially with those < 0 and == 0. plz help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help Plz!!

Hello People ! :))I'm Sorry may be offtopic, I want ask you to help me with this problemwhere I can find FAQ about DB2.Tell me where I can find it.Good Luck !!! %) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zo0oMGo0oG
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me

how i can download the game plz tell me ????? ty :) :) :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sora21
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH incompatibility with Sun SSH ??

I am using OpenSSH on my sun servers. There is another suite of sun servers attempting to SSH into my machines. I am running ssh -vv: OpenSSH_4.4p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006 the other guy is running the sun version of ssh (i don't know what/if any differences there are between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EWTGPAC
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLZ help..!!

plz help me with this question : 1111 | aaaa | pppp | 23/9/87 3333 | dddd | oooo | 6/9/8 4444 | gggg | rrrr | 5/8/9 5555 | qqqq | eeee ans: 5555 | qqqq | eeee depending upon how many "|" are in the question be quick.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

recent test -e ksh incompatibility in hpux?

On a very new (11.31) hpux machine, I can no longer execute shell fragements like: if ; then . .profile.foo fi and get "ksh: test: argument expected" if I convert this to -d or -f as appropriate (which I've not had to do on older versions of hpux (11.23) nor any other unix platform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peeter Joot
9 Replies
SENDMMSG(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SENDMMSG(2)

NAME
sendmmsg - send multiple messages on a socket SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <sys/socket.h> int sendmmsg(int sockfd, struct mmsghdr *msgvec, unsigned int vlen, unsigned int flags); DESCRIPTION
The sendmmsg() system call is an extension of sendmsg(2) that allows the caller to transmit multiple messages on a socket using a single system call. (This has performance benefits for some applications.) The sockfd argument is the file descriptor of the socket on which data is to be transmitted. The msgvec argument is a pointer to an array of mmsghdr structures. The size of this array is specified in vlen. The mmsghdr structure is defined in <sys/socket.h> as: struct mmsghdr { struct msghdr msg_hdr; /* Message header */ unsigned int msg_len; /* Number of bytes transmitted */ }; The msg_hdr field is a msghdr structure, as described in sendmsg(2). The msg_len field is used to return the number of bytes sent from the message in msg_hdr (i.e., the same as the return value from a single sendmsg(2) call). The flags argument contains flags ORed together. The flags are the same as for sendmsg(2). A blocking sendmmsg() call blocks until vlen messages have been sent. A nonblocking call sends as many messages as possible (up to the limit specified by vlen) and returns immediately. On return from sendmmsg(), the msg_len fields of successive elements of msgvec are updated to contain the number of bytes transmitted from the corresponding msg_hdr. The return value of the call indicates the number of elements of msgvec that have been updated. RETURN VALUE
On success, sendmmsg() returns the number of messages sent from msgvec; if this is less than vlen, the caller can retry with a further sendmmsg() call to send the remaining messages. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Errors are as for sendmsg(2). An error is returned only if no datagrams could be sent. VERSIONS
The sendmmsg() system call was added in Linux 3.0. Support in glibc was added in version 2.14. CONFORMING TO
sendmmsg() is Linux-specific. NOTES
The value specified in vlen is capped to UIO_MAXIOV(1024). EXAMPLE
The example below uses sendmmsg() to send onetwo and three in two distinct UDP datagrams using one system call. The contents of the first datagram originates from a pair of buffers. #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <netinet/ip.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int main(void) { int sockfd; struct sockaddr_in sa; struct mmsghdr msg[2]; struct iovec msg1[2], msg2; int retval; sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); if (sockfd == -1) { perror("socket()"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } sa.sin_family = AF_INET; sa.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_LOOPBACK); sa.sin_port = htons(1234); if (connect(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &sa, sizeof(sa)) == -1) { perror("connect()"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } memset(msg1, 0, sizeof(msg1)); msg1[0].iov_base = "one"; msg1[0].iov_len = 3; msg1[1].iov_base = "two"; msg1[1].iov_len = 3; memset(&msg2, 0, sizeof(msg2)); msg2.iov_base = "three"; msg2.iov_len = 5; memset(msg, 0, sizeof(msg)); msg[0].msg_hdr.msg_iov = msg1; msg[0].msg_hdr.msg_iovlen = 2; msg[1].msg_hdr.msg_iov = &msg2; msg[1].msg_hdr.msg_iovlen = 1; retval = sendmmsg(sockfd, msg, 2, 0); if (retval == -1) perror("sendmmsg()"); else printf("%d messages sent ", retval); exit(0); } SEE ALSO
recvmmsg(2), sendmsg(2), socket(2), socket(7) Linux 2014-07-08 SENDMMSG(2)