Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl syntax for sed searches
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl syntax for sed searches Post 302221578 by masinick on Monday 4th of August 2008 09:15:25 PM
Old 08-04-2008
OK, good. Zero offset arrays. I can deal with that.

Would the comparisons then be something like this?

Assuming that I do:

Code:
@fields1=split "[|]";
@fields2=split "[|]";

Code:
if (@fields1[1] eq @fields[3])  {
   print @fields2;
}

or is the syntax something different? Is there a convenient way to take the input and put it straight into those fields, something like:

Code:
while (<MOUTPUT> =@fields1=split "[|]") {
   while (<SINPUT> = @fields2=split "[|]") {
      if (@fields1[1] eq @fields[3])  {
         print @fields2;
      }
   }
}

or does it work a different way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed syntax

Hi, How can i use sed command to modify a part of a variable containing "/" by another containing "/" like describe below: VAR="/app/share/eai" VAR1="/app/share" VAR2="/data/test" echo $VAR | sed 's/... ??? # using sed to replace $VAR1 in $VAR by $VAR2 ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What syntax to use with sed c\

I know that I want to entirely replace line 3 in my file filename.txt. I have tried all sorts of variations of sed 3,3,c\replacement stuff\ filename.txt with no success. about the only thing that causes any reaction is sed 3,3c\\ filename.txt but it just prints out the whole file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SusanDAC
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl syntax help

Im new at scripting and im trying to write a script using perl that will make sure there are 2 command line integer arguments and then check if the 2nd argument is greater than the first. i believe im close but still receive my error message even when i have 2 arguments and the second part gives me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - need help for syntax

Hello, here is what I've got : FILE='/OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/CHAMPS/MASTER/ANA/SATURNE_1DAV_20080805_20080806_S3D_T_R20080806.NC ';;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed s/// syntax help

<tr><td width=10% style='width:5%;background:#F7F0D9;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in 0in'><center><b>Package</b></td><td width=10% valign=center style='width:5%;background:#F7F0D9;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in 0in'><center><b>JTs</b></td> This is got to be simple. I run this on the above .html file: sed... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax

I'm a newbie to perl scripting. Can someone please explain the syntax below. Specifically what does -> and => do? $tz->site( => $site); (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl syntax

Query with perl syntax Aim: is to change a perl script to use a new file I was required to replace - entries \"$entries\" with -lib <full_path_to_filename> So in the code detector.pm sub rundetector { my $class = shift; mkdir($resultDirectory); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/sed Escape Syntax Problem . . .

Greetings! I've run into this before; and am having a spot of trouble trying to figure out the way that Perl would prefer the following example syntax to be formed:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; `sed -i 's/Hi Mom!\|Hi Dad!/Bye Everyone!/I' ./test.txt`;Perl... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)