Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mirror rootvg
Operating Systems AIX mirror rootvg Post 302221539 by shockneck on Monday 4th of August 2008 05:53:53 PM
Old 08-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo-lp-kl
[...]
$ lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
[...]
Processlv jfs2 80 80 1 open/syncd /opt/IBM
[...]
right, your lv 80 PP big, is located on one disk. Use
Code:
 # lslv -l Processlv

to find out on which disk the LV is. Let us assume that it is placed on hdisk0 in your two disk rootvg. So it needs to be mirrored to the other, the second disk in rootvg assumedly hdisk1.
Code:
 # mklvcopy Processlv 2 hdisk1

This should do.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

4. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Rootvg mirror and sysdumplv

Guys, In my AIX 6.1 box the rootvg was on hdisk2, I tried to migrated it to hdisk0 Added hisk0 to rootvg , mirrored rootvg and changed bootlist and and sucessfully rebooted from hdisk0 Now I tried to remove the hdisk2 from rootvg so breaked mirror -bash-3.00# unmirrorvg rootvg hdisk2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
3 Replies

6. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX break rootvg mirror from system down

Hello, aix 5.2, mirrored rootvg on hdisk0 and hdisk1. hdisk0 is dead. I can boot to cd, into sms, into maintenance mode. I can fsck all the various partitions on hdisk1 (the hd4 hd2 hd3, etc...) all is fine. But without the hdisk0 part of the mirror I cannot get the system to boot. ystem hangs on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshapiro
6 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)