Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to search a word
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to search a word Post 302221490 by pvr_satya on Monday 4th of August 2008 02:13:42 PM
Old 08-04-2008
Question how to search a word

i have a file like

<fruits>
<red>redcolor<\red>
<banana>yellow color and it is<\banana>
</fruits>

i want to search for a word in a file data between the tags

i mean searching should be done in redcolcor, yellow color and it is
Received Infraction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a word

I would like to retrieve the word from the following file filename abc.txt ------------------------------------------------------------------ Deadlock Id 28418: Process (Familyid 0, Spid 140) was waiting for a 'exclusive intent' lock on the 'request_copy_hist' table in database 4 b ut process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word Search

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Pls note that need to ignore words in between /* */ Search for: "insert into xyz" (Which procedure contain all 3). Expected output: procedure test1 function test2 procedure test3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Updated Forum Search Index Min Word Length to 2 Chars and Added Quick Search Bar

Today I changed the forum mysql database to permit 2 letter searches: ft_min_word_len=2 I rebuilt the mysql search indexes as well. Then, I added a "quick search bar" at the top of each page. I have tested this and two letter searches are working; but it's not perfect,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
OCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 OCLOCK(1)

NAME
oclock - round X clock SYNOPSIS
oclock [-option ... ] DESCRIPTION
Oclock simply displays the current time on an analog display. OPTIONS
-fg color choose a different color for the both hands and the jewel of the clock -bg color choose a different color for the background. -jewel color choose a different color for the jewel on the clock. -minute color choose a different color for the minute hand of the clock. -hour color choose a different color for the hour hand of the clock. -backing { WhenMapped Always NotUseful } selects an appropriate level of backing store. -geometry geometry define the initial window geometry; see X(7). -display display specify the display to use; see X(7). -bd color choose a different color for the window border. -bw width choose a different width for the window border. As the Clock widget changes its border around quite a bit, this is most usefully set to zero. -shape causes the clock to use the Shape extension to create an oval window. This is the default unless the shapeWindow resource is set to false. -noshape causes the clock to not reshape itself and ancestors to exactly fit the outline of the clock. -transparent causes the clock to consist only of the jewel, the hands, and the border. COLORS
If you would like your clock to be viewable in color, include the following in the #ifdef COLOR section you read with xrdb: *customization: -color This will cause oclock to pick up the colors in the app-defaults color customization file: /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Clock-color. Below are the default colors: Clock*Background: grey Clock*BorderColor: light blue Clock*hour: yellow Clock*jewel: yellow Clock*minute: yellow SEE ALSO
X(7), X Toolkit documentation AUTHOR
Keith Packard, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 oclock 1.0.3 OCLOCK(1)