Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Non Numeric Argument Error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Non Numeric Argument Error Post 302221358 by ynilesh on Monday 4th of August 2008 09:53:12 AM
Old 08-04-2008
where is code error ?
which os, shell are you using ?

- nilesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option

I want to figure out what is the reason of error message I have in Solaris 10. Why Solaris 10 dosn't recognize 65535? ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option usage: ps 'format' is one or more of: Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

non-numeric argument

quick question, I am trying to run this simple equation expr 2048 / 2.354 but get a "expr: non-numeric argument" error when ever its run. I believe it may be caused by the decimal point but I do not know how to remedy it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiredOrangeCat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First argument is numeric or not

Hi everyone, I want my script to check if the first argument has only numbers or not. Im not sure what im doing wrong. This is how it looks like: if *") ] then echo 'The first arguement should only be in numeric' 1>&2 exit 1 else exit 0 fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkhider
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numeric sort error

Hello all I have data like below where the column with values (PRI, SEC ) is the char field and the rest are Numeric Fields. 200707,9580,58,7,2,1,PRI,1,1,137,205594,0,5,10,-45.51,-45.51 200707,9580,58,7,2,1,SEC,1,1,137,205594,0,5,10,-45.51,45.51... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr: non-numeric argument

Hi all, i am facing the error "expr: non-numeric argument" when i use the expr command. Following is the expression which i want to execute HR=$(echo `date +%H`) MIN=$(echo `date +%M`) TOT_MIN=`expr "$HR" \* 60+$MIN` | bc echo $TOT_MIN Here I am being reported with the error expr:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace random numeric value with non-numeric value

Can someone tell me how to change the first column in a very large 17k line file from a random 10 digit numeric value to a non numeric value. The format of lines in the file is: 1702938475,SNU022,201004 the first 10 numbers always begin with 170 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bahf1s
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numeric argument required

Hi, How to return the string "y" to the calling function. Getting the below error when function returns the value. return: y: numeric argument required With Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi, I tried to look up the issue i'm experiencing, but i'm confused what's wrong with my script. After executing the script I'm getting the following error expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype After some research, it seems that the problem relates to bc. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
IZ(8)							  System Administration Utilities						     IZ(8)

NAME
iz - configure an IEEE 802.15.4 interface SYNOPSIS
iz [options] [command] DESCRIPTION
Manage IEEE 802.15.4 network interfaces OPTIONS
-d, --debug[=N] print netlink messages and other debug information -v, --version print version -h, --help print help Common commands: help [command] Print detailed help for a command. event [iface] Monitor events from the kernel (^C to stop). PHY 802.15.4 commands: listphy [phy] List phys(s). add phy [iface] Add an interface attached to specified phy. del [phy] iface Delete the specified interface. MAC 802.15.4 commands: scan <iface> <ed|active|passive|orphan> <channels> <duration> Perform network scanning on specified channels. assoc <iface> <pan> <coord> <chan> ['short'] Associate with a given network via coordinator. disassoc <iface> <addr> <reason> Disassociate from a network. list [iface] List interface(s). AUTHOR
Written by Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov, Sergey Lapin and Maxim Osipov REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to linux-zigbee-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Userspace tools for Linux IEEE 802.15.4 stack homepage <http://linux-zigbee.sourceforge.net/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008, 2009 by Siemens AG License GPLv2 GNU GPL version 2 <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. iz 0.2.2 August 2010 IZ(8)