Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers joining variable to the end of a file name Post 302221263 by naamas03 on Monday 4th of August 2008 04:47:13 AM
Old 08-04-2008
thank you very much .
it works great
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in log file

Hi, I need to develop a script to join multiple three lines in a log file into one line for processing with awk and grep. I looked at tr with no success. The first line contains the date time information. The second line contains the error line. The third line is a blank line. Thanks, Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 2 lines in a file together

Hi guys, I've got a log file which has entries that look like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 06/08/04 07:57:57 AMQ9002: Channel program started. EXPLANATION: Channel program 'INSCCPQ1.HSMTSPQ1' started. ACTION: None. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining program to one batch file

I created a batch file (./mybatch) that need to run few programs at a sequnece but i need a command like the DOS call command in order to return to the main batch file to proceed the sequence example: cd /dir1/path/dir2 invoke program1 cd /dir3/path2/ <--- i want to return here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eynkesef
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining two arrays and then creating a variable

Hello all... I'd like to create a variable from an array element from two arrays. In my search for answers I found this code for bash that joins two arrays and then started to work with it. I had got to work once and then foolishly without saving the code, I started to edit it for ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos25
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable joining

I really need help on this problem. The story: My VAR1 and VAR2 works fine and able to get the value. I want to do as "if VAR1 or VAR2 is bigger than max_loadavg then the code will run...then if VAR1 or VAR2 is lesser than min_loadavg then the other code will run... The problem: The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - joining lines in a file

I’m writing a bash shell script and I want to join lines together where two variables on each line are the same ie. 12345variablestuff43212morevariablestuff 12345variablestuff43212morevariablestuff 34657variablestuff78945morevariablestuff 34657variablestuff78945morevariablestuff... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cultcha
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining lines in a file - help!

I'm looking for a way to join lines in a file; e.,g consider the following R|This is line 1 R|This is line 2 R|This is line 3 R|This is line 4 R|This is line 5 what i want to end up with is R|This is line 1 R|This is line 2 R|This is line 3 R|This is line 4 R|This is line 5 so... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File joining and sorting

Hi, I'm having some trouble joining these two files for some reason. Here is what they look like: head * I'm using: join -a 1 -1 2 -2 1 f1 f2 -t, > joinfile.out but unfortunately nothing is happening. I did notice that I was having trouble sorting f1 and I'm not sure why using:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
6 Replies
TIFFICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							TIFFICC(1)

NAME
tifficc - little cms ICC profile applier for TIFF. SYNOPSIS
tifficc [options] input.tif output.tif DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. tifficc is little cms ICC profile applier for TIFF. OPTIONS
-a Handle channels > 4 as alpha. -b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -e Embed destination profile. -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -k <0..400> Ink-limiting in % (CMYK only). -l profile Transform by device-link profile. -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile on input. -p profile Soft proof profile. -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -s profile Save embedded profile as <new profile> -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. -w Wide output (generates 16 bps tiff). You can also use following builtins *Lab - CIE Lab D50 based *XYZ - XYZ *adobe1998RBB - AdobeRGB *colormatchrgb - ColorMatch RGB *applergb - Apple RGB EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: tifficc -iscanner.icm in.tif out.tif To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: tifficc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.tif out.tif To make a CMYK separation: tifficc -oprinter.icm inrgb.tif outcmyk.tif To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: tifficc -iprinter.icm incmyk.tif outrgb.tif To convert from CIELab TIFF to sRGB tifficc -iTiffLab8Spac.icm in.tif out.tif NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
jpegicc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was originally written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. Modified by Marti Maria to reflect further changes. October 23, 2004 TIFFICC(1)