Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions XP as a program on Unix/Linux system? Post 302221031 by Sonshyne5 on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 03:03:52 AM
Old 08-03-2008
I very much prefer VirtualBox

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program in linux for all unix os

Hello there, I have the following mission for my internship: - Take an existing program which uses OpenGL writen in Delphi, for Windows. - Write this program in C++ for all operating systems from which the name end on a "X" So, what kind of features does this program need. - There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux?

No detail:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
4 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

What is unix and is linux a unix system

Unix is the name of an operating system. And unix is a registered trademark. This is what makes things murky. One of my favorite books is The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System. That book is out of print, but a newer book is available: The Design and Implementation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Programming

C program in Unix / Linux - Time differences

Hi Friends, When Iam running c program in redhat linux 7.3 version and PCQ Linux 8.0 version, its taking around 20 seconds. But when Iam running it in HP-UX Release 11i, its taking around 3 minutes. Can anyone throw light on this. Thanks in advance, Praveen. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chprvkmr
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus and Worm on Linux/unix System

Hello all, I just got asked if virus and worms are a big thing in unix/linux OS. My response was no, but after looking I found that there can be issues but very few. I would justy like to know from the working community what is the truth on virus and worms on unix/linux OS? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larryase
1 Replies

6. Programming

Program for a UNIX system

I'm looking for a programmer to write a Program for The Unix Environment. The program is quite simple, but have to be well written. For information please contact me via private message or via msn messenger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dracox86
0 Replies

7. Programming

Please give me some advise to program for unix/linux using c/c++?

I have a good foundation of c++.I want to learn to program for linux/unix,can you give me some advises,for example classic books ,which operating system is used better(freebsd,solaris,federal linux.etc),and which aspects uses mostly in job.Can you give me clear direction for working or learning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fengshuiyue
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a program compiled on Unix (HPUX) work on Linux

I am trying to make an application which works on unix to work on linux. I already tried copying the binary files and start it up but I am getting an error stating "Cannot execute binary file". Then I tried to recompile but i am getting an error whenever I tried to recompile. I am getting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX System Programming Certification Program

Hi, I was working in an IT firm. My stream was UNIX, C, C++. worked for an year and half and then left the job. there has been a gap of 2 years already and wanna get back again. i have some 6 more months to that. want to do some certification to help me get back. c,c++ are fine. unix system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niaR
1 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)