Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Noobie with Linux emu: Need help with emu's Post 302221029 by Sonshyne5 on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 02:42:55 AM
Old 08-03-2008
Sounds like you want to use Windows XP but add the ability to run some windows programs. I'd do it the other way around, but you can do it that way. Instead of using VMware, look into using VirtualBox. I have used both, and much prefer VirtualBox, but I've never used it under windows. Its a free download, and can be set up to share a folder in NTSF or fat32 format with the other OS. Also (with the Guest Additions) it allows cut-and-paste operations from windows to Linux and Linux to Windows.
Sonshyne5

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Noobie Needs help with scripting

I've just begun using/studying Unix and I've run into a problem. I'm attempting to write a script that will replace a string within a textfile with another string, backing up the file before editing it. This is what I have so far, but I'm getting a "command not found" error. example input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vamirr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

New born noobie with an easy question

I was told on a website that unix can help you make one. I was just wondering how and can you help me with a web page of my own. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shintouku
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network noobie question

This is my first attempt in installing a netbsd ever. I'm trying to get myself familiar with some commands and how things work in unix and so far i never knew its this fun. Anyway, unix is our elective here in school and school is gonna start 2 weeks. I'm just trying to get a headstart on this :D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help with a noobie shell script.

My applogies. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buttons
1 Replies

5. Programming

Noobie in C

Hi to everyone , I am learning C language and I have problem with one example from book #include <stdio.h> int main() { char me; printf(“What is your name?”); scanf(“%s”,&me); printf(“Welcome, %s!\n”,me); return(0); } when I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help while looping simple noobie

hi guys i have linked my lab 15. i have no idea where to start i dont understand whats it asking me. about the screen shot part!.. if someone can take a quick look and help me out with this unix lab that would be great.. i have did the Required Errorlevels Errorlevel #Event Information ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies
BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
bgoffice-dict-download - download dictionaries for bgoffice SYNOPSIS
# list known dictionaries bgoffice-dict-download --list # download a dictionary bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual # explicit output file bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual --output=/some/where.tar.bz2 DESCRIPTION
bgoffice-dict-download is a small program to help download bgoffice dictionaries off sourceforge.net. It browses the bgoffice project download area and follows the download links. The dictionary is downloaded in the current directory, unless the "--output" option is used. OPTIONS
--list Prints the list of the known dictionaries. --dict dictionary name Specifies the dictionary to be downloaded. See "--list" for the known dictionaries. This option is mandatory, unless "--list" is given. --output file Saves the downloaded dictionary in the given file, instead of ./<dict>.tar.bz2 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright: (C) 2010 Damyan Ivanov dmn@debian.org Permission is granted to use this work, with or without modifications, provided that this notice is retained. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-16 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)