Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying the Last Modification Time of a specific file Post 302221025 by jaque18 on Sunday 3rd of August 2008 02:00:43 AM
Old 08-03-2008
is it recognize in batch files? (.bat)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying specific lines in a file.

I'm trying to figure out how to display a certain line in a text file. I keep getting references to Tail and Head, and I know how these work, but i'm lost on how to find say the third out of the five lines and display only that. I thought maybe grep could help, but that doesn't seem likely. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying specific columns in a file

Hi, I'm just wondering how you display a specific set of columns of a specified file in Unix. For example, if you had an AddressBook file that stores the Names, Phone numbers, and Addresses of people the user entered in the following format (the numbers are just to give an idea of what column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: logorob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification time comparison

Hi All, I have two files (given below) each exists under different paths. I want to compare the modification time stamp of file1.txt is lessthan the modification time of file2.txt. month1=`ls -l file1.txt | awk '{ print $6}'` date1=`ls -file1.txt | awk '{ print $7}'` time1=`ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Modification Time of a file

Hi all, I need the modification time of a file on a particular day say 3 days before. I just don't want the last modification time. I need all the modification times on a particualar day. Is there anyway to do it? Kindly help. Could anyone tell me where the modification time is stored?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyab
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of the modification of a specific entry in a file

I need to get notification via email when the line containing a pattern is changed in a file. Not during the time any changes to file occurs. Ie if we reset a user password say example, demouser the hash in the line containing the word demouser in the file /etc/group changes. So when this change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change modification time of file?

Explain it with proper e.g (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
4 Replies

9. Programming

File date/time modification and permissions

First, oh great Unix gurus, forgive if this is a stupid question. Unix/Linux is not my main thing but I have been programming in C/C++ for many years. I will do my best to be specific. I have a program in C/C++ that needs to modify the time of a given file. Currently I do this using utime()... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with text modification and displaying

I have a file storing some text and another file storing some numbers I want to display characters other than the specified place of strings one.txt xyz abc 233 skfo 4r443 sfs abc abcd sd fsdf sdfd abc 11 abc 33 abc dsaf two.txt Nt_djd_k='5-6,7-9' Nt_hh_l='3-6,7-8' a=`grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsk
4 Replies
KinoSearch1::Analysis::TokenBatch(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    KinoSearch1::Analysis::TokenBatch(3pm)

Add many tokens to the batch, by supplying the string to be tokenized, and arrays of token starts and token ends (specified in bytes).

NAME
KinoSearch1::Analysis::TokenBatch - a collection of tokens SYNOPSIS
while ( $batch->next ) { $batch->set_text( lc( $batch->get_text ) ); } EXPERIMENTAL API
TokenBatch's API should be considered experimental and is likely to change. DESCRIPTION
A TokenBatch is a collection of Tokens which you can add to, then iterate over. METHODS
new my $batch = KinoSearch1::Analysis::TokenBatch->new; Constructor. append $batch->append( $text, $start_offset, $end_offset, $pos_inc ); Add a Token to the end of the batch. Accepts either three or four arguments: text, start_offset, end_offset, and an optional position increment which defaults to 1 if not supplied. For a description of what these arguments mean, see the docs for Token. next while ( $batch->next ) { # ... } Proceed to the next token in the TokenBatch. Returns true if the TokenBatch ends up located at valid token. ACCESSOR METHODS
All of TokenBatch's accessor methods affect the current Token. Calling any of these methods when the TokenBatch is not located at a valid Token will trigger an exception. set_text get_text Set/get the text of the current Token. set_start_offset get_start_offset Set/get the start_offset of the current Token. set_end_offset get_end_offset Set/get the end_offset of the current Token. set_pos_inc get_pos_inc Set/get the position increment of the current Token. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2010 Marvin Humphrey LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, BUGS, etc. See KinoSearch1 version 1.00. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 KinoSearch1::Analysis::TokenBatch(3pm)