Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: i am newer to unix platform
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers i am newer to unix platform Post 302220918 by junaid.nehvi on Saturday 2nd of August 2008 04:20:51 AM
Old 08-02-2008
i am newer to unix platform

i have to select particular fields from a multiple line record.
my record is in dump.txt file and looks like this
tipo = abonado simplex, Idiomas = dic1 - none, Operador = estandar
Serv. portadora admitido: modem
ind = 0 numero telefonico = 79260960, att = 0
Carrier Contratado: naz = INDEFINIDO - int = INDEFINIDO
Origen = SELENA
tin = 0, inv = 0, tas = 0, cid = 0, pol = dir, ans = no, np = nup164,
Clase de servicio = COSDTM
Nombre mascara prohibic. = BAJAESPE
mor = no, fut = SELENA, cwr = 0, pbd = 1, ttx = 0, pmg = 0, ssa = 1, ssr = 0
duf = 0, anc = 0, lin = 1, ufn = 0, ort = 1, atc = p0, inm = 0 sve = 0
usc = 0, nin = 0, ocp = 0, dbl = 4, cos = 0, imc = 0, tcl = 0 scp = none
icr = no , start = no , tst = no , osr = no,
mct = 0, urg = 0, msm = 0,
lbi = 0, csr = 0,ltp = 0, lpf = 0, cnu = no
oristr = 1, telistr = no
vad = no, nor = subs, oct = 1, cntx = no
Carrier PVN = habilitad
tipo = abonado simplex, Idiomas = dic1 - none, Operador = estandar
Serv. portadora admitido: modem
ind = 0 numero telefonico = 79260961, att = 1
Carrier Contratado: naz = INDEFINIDO - int = INDEFINIDO
Origen = SELENA
tin = 0, inv = 0, tas = 0, cid = 0, pol = dir, ans = no, np = nup164,
Clase de servicio = COSDTM
Nombre mascara prohibic. = dbc5
mor = no, fut = SELENA, cwr = 0, pbd = 1, ttx = 0, pmg = 0, ssa = 1, ssr = 0
duf = 0, anc = 0, lin = 1, ufn = 0, ort = 1, atc = p0, inm = 0 sve = 0
usc = 0, nin = 0, ocp = 0, dbl = 4, cos = 0, imc = 0, tcl = 0 scp = none
icr = no , start = no , tst = no , osr = no,
mct = 0, urg = 0, msm = 0,
lbi = 0, csr = 0,ltp = 0, lpf = 0, cnu = no
oristr = 1, telistr = no
vad = no, nor = subs, oct = 1, cntx = no
Carrier PVN = habilitad

record starts from feild "tipo" and ends at "Carrier PVN"
similarly for 2nd, 3rd,.... records.
the fields i want to select are
tipo,Idiomas,Operador,ind,numero telefonico ,att ,Origen ,tin ,np,duf,atc ,inm ,usc ,telistr ........

and the list cotinues
i want to know what commands i need to use
i want my output to contain values on the other side of "=" sign
like for field
tipo = abonado simplex,

my output should be
abonado simplex

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to programm TTY devices under UNIX platform?

Dear Export, I want to begin an serial-communication application codes associated with TTY devices. But I don't know what key settings should be concerned after opening a TTY device file under UNIX plarform(SunOS 5.7)? Could you give me some adivce? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: WayneYang
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in choosing Unix Platform.

I'm a completely noob to Unix. I have previously managed quite well Windows OS's but never Unix. -My question is quite simple: I've been investigating what's the easiest and most complex Unix OS. However, it seems there are quite a couple of OS's from which to choose, like: -Darwin ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justanoob
3 Replies

6. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most used unix platform as desktop.

Just wonder about this question everytime that how many of us use unix as desktop and prefers which unix platform as desktop. - nilesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
4 Replies

8. Programming

about unix platform

Hi can any body post example for socket tcpclient in c++ act like browser with HTTp 1.1 and send message for the server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Net Star
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is unix os or platform?

hellow everyone, iam a new user to linux and i have question about unix os. unix is operating system or platform iam confused. i have read some article about unix but i haven't found the answer what iam searching for. so iam confused in this topic can anyone made it clear. Any types of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

R plots in UNIX platform

How do you see plots produced in R under UNIX platform? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies
SHAPELIB(1)							   User Commands						       SHAPELIB(1)

NAME
dbfdump - dump xBase DBF files as text SYNOPSIS
dbfdump [-h] [-m] [-r] file DESCRIPTION
Dumps the contents of file to standard output. The first line contains the field names appearing in file, and each of the following lines contains the field values of a record. Field names and values are padded by spaces to their field widths. Empty fields are printed as the string "(NULL)". OPTIONS
-h Prints the column field definitions before other output. Each field definition consists of a line of the form Field: index, Type=type, Title=`name', Width=width, Decimals=precision where index is the zero offset column number of the field; the type indicates the datatype of the field value and is either "Inte- ger", "Real" or "String"; name is the field's name; width is the number of bytes reserved for the field's value; and precision is the number of decimal places of precision for "Real" type fields, and is zero for "Integer" and "String" type fields. -m Prints each record in multiline format separated by empty lines. The first line of a record gives the number of the record in the form Records: record_index where record_index is the zero offset number of the record in the file, and then each field of the record appears on its own line in the format name: value -r Prints the exact bytes occurring in file for field values and suppresses printing "(NULL)" for empty values. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful program execution. 1 Missing file argument. 2 Failed to open file. 3 There are no fields in file. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stdout: DBFOpen(file,"r") failed. There are no fields in this table! AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam@pobox.com) is the maintainer of the shapelib shapefile library. Joonas Pihlaja (jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi) wrote this man page. BUGS
Unless the -r option is given, values in numeric fields that overflow the int or double types of the C language are printed as plus or minus a huge number. For integer fields the huge value is HUGE_VALL from <stdlib.h> and for real fields it is HUGE_VALF. SEE ALSO
dbf_dump(1), dbfcreate(1), dbfadd(1), shpadd(1), shpcreate(1), shpdump(1), shprewind(1) shapelib OCTOBER 2004 SHAPELIB(1)