Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help removing characters for output file in shell script Post 302220898 by danmero on Saturday 2nd of August 2008 12:55:33 AM
Old 08-02-2008
This should work:
Code:
ffmpeg -i $1 -vcodec png -vframes 1 -an -ss 00:00:08 -t 00:00:01 -f rawvideo -s 320x240 /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/playerimage/${1%.*}.png

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing certain characters in a file

Hi I have a file that has semicolons in it (;) is there a way to just remove these in the file. Example name: Joe Smith; group: Group1; name: Mary White; group: Group2; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the entire file contents using unix shell script.

I need to remove the entire file contents in file using the shell script. Actually the grap -v command will create one more file and it occupy the space also. I need to remove the entire file contents without creating new file using the shell scripting. Please help me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^M characters from a file

Hi, I want to removing ^M characters from a file and combine the line with the next line. ex: issue i have: ABC^M^M DEF solution i need: ABCDEF I found that you by using the following command you can remove new line characters. tr -d '\r' < infile.csv > outfile.csv still... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find noof characters in a file name

hiiii shell script to find noof characters in a file name, when you run ls -l (using awk) I tried with this ls -l > temp awk -F"," '{print $1 " " expr length $9}' temp but it give some other value instead of file name length (error value like , 563,54,55,56....).How to prnint the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Characters From finger Output

Hi Does anyone know of a command that will extract only the Login name alison and year 2005 from the following output. jamesm> finger alison Login name: alison In real life: Alison Smith - Queensland Directory: /data/home/alison Shell: /usr/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines from a file being used by another process using SHELL script

Hi All, Need a small help in writing a shell script which can delete a few lines from a file which is currently being used by another process. File gets appended using tee -a command due to which its size is getting increased. Contents like : 25/09/2012 05:18 Run ID:56579677-1 My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil8
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Removing control-m characters from shell script

Hi All, I need to remove control m character from a file. Steps which i am doing in shell script are: 1) We are comparing the header of the file to the database table header Here the file header has control-m characters. How do i remove it. Please help. Below are the steps i am using,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last and first characters in a file

bash-3.00$ cat temp.txt ./a/REA01/ces1/apps/ces_ces1_init3_aa.ear/ces.war/WEB-INF/classes/reds/common/environment.properties ./a/REA01/ces1/apps/ces_ces1_init3_aa.ear/commonproperties/hi/HostIntegration.properties... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing characters and some output

Hi guys, So I am using an awk command to return a specific column in a file. I also need to remove some extra characters. What I have is :: (http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9)|23:00:41 And what I want is : http-/0.0.0.0:8091-9 I tried using the td command but it is only removing the ( ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux