Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to increase the filesystem size? Post 302220871 by techbravo on Friday 1st of August 2008 11:11:34 PM
Old 08-02-2008
the below can help you ....!! enjoy....

IT resource center - search increasing filesystem space

Techbravo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reason for continuously increase filesystem size?

Hi my file system size /hd4 is keep on increasing continuously , i tried all the performance related command to identify which process is currently running........ for every minute my FS(/hd4) size is increasing ?what could be the problem? how to diagnose it ? is there any specific command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
3 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the command to increase filesystem on solaris

I wanted to know what is the process or command to increase a filesystem on solaris. For example the /tmp directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strikelit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the filesystem size under veritas control

Hi all, aloe:root-> df �k Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/rootvol 8254263 2064133 6107588 26% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
2 Replies

4. Solaris

increase/decrease filesystem

Hi All, I need to increase the filesystem of / and /var (two different slices)? Space will be coming from /home slice so I need to decrease it. Is that possible without reinstallation or in a single-user-mode? Any idea or link please. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP

How to increase the filesystem size in HACMP. what is the difference between normal chfs command and increase the filesystem size in HACMP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Increase root filesystem on solaris zone using zpool

I have a solaris zone of 12 GB and i have to increase the / filesystem to 31GB as requested. Earlier I had expanded filesystems other than / by setting quota to new value like "zfs set quota=new value mountpoint" but I am not sure whether its a good practice in zfs because by default in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Increase the filesystem size

Hi I am using oracle linux 6.4. My hard drive capacity is 500 GB. my filesystem size onbly 50GB. I would like to extend my filesystem size to around 100GB. I tried many codes but still I am not able. this is the output of df -h : Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farshad
6 Replies

9. AIX

Increase filesystem and or logical volume

Hi all, Do i need to increase the logical volume each time i increase the filesystem? or is enough to increase the filesystem and the logical volume get increase automatically? extendlv hd4 1 chfs -a size=2G /tmp or just chfs -a size=2G /tmp Code tags! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

10. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies
LDAP_URL(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       LDAP_URL(3)

NAME
ldap_is_ldap_url, ldap_url_parse, ldap_free_urldesc, ldap_url_search, ldap_url_search_s, ldap_url_search_st - LDAP Uniform Resource Locator routines SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_is_ldap_url( url ) char *url; int ldap_url_parse( url, ludpp ) char *url; LDAPURLDesc **ludpp; typedef struct ldap_url_desc { char * lud_scheme; /* URI scheme */ char lud_host; /* LDAP host to contact */ int lud_port; /* port on host */ char * lud_dn; /* base for search */ char ** lud_attrs; /* list of attributes */ int lud_scope; /* a LDAP_SCOPE_... value */ char * lud_filter; /* LDAP search filter */ char ** lud_exts; /* LDAP extensions */ /* may contain additional fields for internal use */ } LDAPURLDesc; ldap_free_urldesc( ludp ) LDAPURLDesc *ludp; int ldap_url_search( ld, url, attrsonly ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; int ldap_url_search_s( ld, url, attrsonly, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; LDAPMessage **res; int ldap_url_search_st( ld, url, attrsonly, timeout, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; struct timeval *timeout; LDAPMessage **res; DESCRIPTION
These routines support the use of LDAP URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) as detailed in RFC 2255. LDAP URLs look like this: ldap://hostport/dn[?attrs[?scope[?filter[?exts]]]] where: hostport is a host name with an optional ":portnumber" dn is the search base attrs is a comma separated list of attributes to request scope is one of these three strings: base one sub (default=base) filter is filter exts are recognized set of LDAP and/or API extensions. Example: ldap://ldap.example.net/dc=example,dc=net?cn,sn?sub?(cn=*) URLs that are wrapped in angle-brackets and/or preceded by "URL:" are also tolerated. Alternative schemes such as ldaps:// and ldapi:// may be parsed using the below routines as well. ldap_is_ldap_url() returns a non-zero value if url looks like an LDAP URL (as opposed to some other kind of URL). It can be used as a quick check for an LDAP URL; the ldap_url_parse() routine should be used if a more thorough check is needed. ldap_url_parse() breaks down an LDAP URL passed in url into its component pieces. If successful, zero is returned, an LDAP URL description is allocated, filled in, and ludpp is set to point to it. If an error occurs, a non-zero URL error code is returned. ldap_free_urldesc() should be called to free an LDAP URL description that was obtained from a call to ldap_url_parse(). ldap_url_search() initiates an asynchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_s() performs a synchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search_s(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_st() performs a synchronous LDAP URL search with a specified timeout. This routine acts just like ldap_search_st(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_search(3) The LDAP URL Format, RFC 2255, Tim Howes and Mark Smith, December 1997. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 17 October 2000 LDAP_URL(3)