Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers WHERE statement similar to IDL Post 302220844 by msb65 on Friday 1st of August 2008 05:50:14 PM
Old 08-01-2008
WHERE statement similar to IDL

Is there a Unix command similar to the WHERE command in IDL. Such a command would return all location numbers of an array where the value at those locations satisfy specified conditions. For example, if I have a random vector

vector=(3 5 6 9)

how can I find the location numbers in ${vector} corresponding to values less gt 3 and lt 9.

What should be returned is a two-element vector: (1 2)

How can I get Unix to do this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling idl file on unix

hi i need to compile idl files to convert them to classes, on Unix platform. Please tell me how to compile these files & which commands are to be used for this purpose. Thanks & Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
6 Replies

2. Linux

'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/TRANSIENT:1.0' exception

Hi, We are working in a Linux client server environment ,where we have the CORBA running to facilitate the client server model.But here some time we are getting the system exception, ID 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/TRANSIENT:1.0' OMG minor code (2), described as 'No usable profile in IOR.', ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanta jena
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing info from a text file into an IDL procedure

Hi, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I have a text file (test.txt) that contains information that I would like to parse into an IDL procedure. Each line of the text file is either a number or a string, which will be a variable in my IDL procedure. Therefore I want to read each line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IDL job doesn't work from crontab

I have made a script to execute an IDL routine with the purpose to plot data on a fixed time. The problem is that when I include this script in the crontab to run it every night, the IDL part doesn't work (the other commands, like getting data from the database, are carried out though). This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SharkM
4 Replies

6. Programming

spectra flux-calibration using IDL

Hi, I am searching the web for documentations with tutorials for spectra flux calibration using IDL, does anyone know anything that can help me? Please help :D ---------- Post updated 07-11-09 at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-10-09 at 10:46 AM ---------- Does the question make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files into IDL directories

Ok so ive downloaded two files, and i need to save them into a directory that can be read in IDL. Can someone please remind me how to do this, like post the code that i need please? Many thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benji.
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
slaruv.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slaruv.f(3)

NAME
slaruv.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slaruv (ISEED, N, X) SLARUV returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform distribution. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slaruv (integer, dimension( 4 )ISEED, integerN, real, dimension( n )X) SLARUV returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform distribution. Purpose: SLARUV returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform (0,1) distribution (n <= 128). This is an auxiliary routine called by SLARNV and CLARNV. Parameters: ISEED ISEED is INTEGER array, dimension (4) On entry, the seed of the random number generator; the array elements must be between 0 and 4095, and ISEED(4) must be odd. On exit, the seed is updated. N N is INTEGER The number of random numbers to be generated. N <= 128. X X is REAL array, dimension (N) The generated random numbers. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Further Details: This routine uses a multiplicative congruential method with modulus 2**48 and multiplier 33952834046453 (see G.S.Fishman, 'Multiplicative congruential random number generators with modulus 2**b: an exhaustive analysis for b = 32 and a partial analysis for b = 48', Math. Comp. 189, pp 331-344, 1990). 48-bit integers are stored in 4 integer array elements with 12 bits per element. Hence the routine is portable across machines with integers of 32 bits or more. Definition at line 96 of file slaruv.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slaruv.f(3)