Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron.daily
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron.daily Post 302220657 by ITFcraig on Friday 1st of August 2008 10:38:05 AM
Old 08-01-2008
cron.daily

At what time does cron.daily implement and how can i change this or set it etc?

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX and cron logs filtering ?: /etc/cronlog.conf, /var/adm/cron/log

Hi, I can use 'crontabs –e' and do all the scheduling I like. However I would like to auto send myself just the cronjobs logs that fail. That is to say the PIDs that fail and the related lines with those PID’s only. (Not the full set of logs) Has anyone done this work? Or does an AIX 5.3 tool... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Creating Daily Cron Job

I need to create a cron job that will run daily to change permissions to a particular folder to 666 every 24hrs. I have no experience with crontab or cron jobs at all so if someone can guide me through this it would be a great help. The folder's example is 'www/test/htdocs' Also if you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xechno
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all daily scheduled cron jobs from my cronfile

I had a cron file named mycron.cron and this file has cron jobs runs through out 365 days (jobs in the file mycron.cron run hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly). Is there an easy way to find what are the jobs scheduled today and what time they are scheduled to run? Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logrotate and cron.daily/weekly

Hi guys, I've got two separate logrotates I'd like to run, one for Tomcat and one for Apache, but I'd like to run the Tomcat one daily and the Apache one weekly. Now, the logrotate itself is working fine, but although I have 'daily' in Tomcat, and 'weekly' in the Apache one, the latter is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily Checks

Hey Guys, I'm seeking some assistance in getting this script to run as a cron job for the user oracle.. the script is basically to perform 2 ADRCI checks... see the script below... i'm getting the following error: /export/home/oracle/Daily_Checks/ADRCI_Daily_Checks.sh: syntax error at line 16:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Racegod
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for daily use

I have a clear case command for example. ct lsprivate -co this displays the list of checked out files. and i have many views where i work daily I need a script which can run daily at our specified time. setting each and every view i have and list the check outs i have in them. and consolidate... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

/etc/cron.daily script is not being executed

Hi All I have created a file in /etc/cron.daily on redhat linux 7.3 version host called applicationscript cat applictaionscript #!/bin/bash /prod/data/routine.sh cat /prod/data/routine.sh #!/bin/bash #details regular=/prod/data/jboss/logs backup=/prod/data/logs #echo "Moving logs"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script no more than twice daily WITHOUT cron

Can I run a script no more than twice a day without using cron? Maybe create a file when script is first run and check its date? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
FascistCheck(3)                                               Debian GNU/Linux manual                                              FascistCheck(3)

NAME
FascistCheck - a pro-active password checker library SYNOPSIS
#include <crack.h> static char const CRACKLIB_DICTPATH[] = ...; extern char const * FascistCheck(char const passwd[], char const dictpath[]); DESCRIPTION
cracklib is a library containing the FascistCheck C function which may be used in a "passwd" like program. The idea is simple: try to pre- vent users from choosing passwords that could be guessed by "crack" by filtering them out, at source. cracklib is an offshoot of the the version 5 of the "crack" software and contains a considerable number of ideas nicked from the new software. The first formal argument password is the potential password. The second formal argument dictpath is the full path name + filename prefix of the cracklib dictionary database. FascistCheck returns the NULL pointer for a good password, or a pointer to a diagnostic string if it is a weak password. The database is in a binary format generated by the utilities crack_mkdict(8) and crack_packer(8). On a Debian system the database is located in the directory defined by the static constant CRACKLIB_DICTPATH and is set to /var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict. None of the subroutines in the cracklib libraries have this location hard-coded into their implementations. It is generated daily with the program /etc/cron.daily/cracklib. FILES
/var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict.[hwm|pwd|pwi] cracklib dictionary database files used by utilities. /etc/cron.daily/cracklib cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /etc/cracklib/cracklib.conf cracklib configuration file used by the cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /usr/sbin/crack_mkdict cracklib shell script to create initial list of words for dictionary database. /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/examples Example cc(1) source files that show how FascistCheck is used. SEE ALSO
crack_teststr(8), crack_mkdict(8), update-cracklib(8) /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/examples /usr/share/doc/cracklib2/cracklib2.html /usr/share/doc/cracklib2-dev/cracklib2-dev.html AUTHOR
cracklib2 is written by Alec Muffett <alecm@crypto.dircon.co.uk>. Manual added by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>. 2.7-8.5 Wed, 3 Oct 2001 01:37:09 +0100 FascistCheck(3)