Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Play Video Games?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Play Video Games? Post 302220497 by Annihilannic on Friday 1st of August 2008 02:05:47 AM
Old 08-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Dragon
From there, I moved through Star Control (1 then 2), Dune 2, Alone in the Dark, Syndicate, XCom (aka UFO: Enemy Unknown), C&C, Red Alert, Tie Fighter, Warcraft 2, Halflife (and the Natural Selection Mod for it), Blood, ReVolt, Carmageddon, Colobot (programming meets space exploration !!!) and Homeworld Cataclisym (sp?).
Fond memories indeed!! I've never since had that amazing feeling of exploring space that Star Control 2 gave me... brilliant game, and the wacky music was brilliant. Add to that the original Prince of Persia and Another World, and all of the LucasArts adventure games... *sigh* where have games with that kind of content gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Dragon
Oh for more time eh? Smilie
Too right! I've just (finally) completed Doom 3, a bit too chlaustrophobic for my liking - what happened to the open spaces? I guess breathing on Mars would be an issue! I love MMORPG but just don't have the time to commit, Eve would be one on the top of my list if I was to play. I'm consoling myself with Freelancer, which is fun so far.

Dungeon Siege 1, LOA and 2 were excellent. Amazingly I have never played Diablo 2, loaded it up recently and it looks and feels so gumby... I guess I *might* see past that.

Anyway.. I've been having the 'unable to submit score' problem with Lunar Lander, also it just seems to go around a loop of the first 3 screens (i.e. goes back to the beginning when you land on the final glowing landing pad), is that what's supposed to happen??

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ffmpeg (avconv) + crtmpserver Linux streaming video, no player to play it

Hello Linux experts, I'm working on live video streaming project, and my job is to create video streaming server using Ubuntu 13.04 Here is what I've done so far: 1. Installed crtmpserver from Ubuntu's repositories. 2. Installed ffmpeg To test the server i use webcam as source of video,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
BUGSQUISH(6)							   Games Manual 						      BUGSQUISH(6)

NAME
bugsquish - Bugs are trying to suck blood out of your arm! SYNOPSIS
bugsquish [--disable-sound] [--fullscreen] [--low] | [--help | --usage] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in /usr/share/doc/bugsquish/README.txt.gz "Bug Squish" is an action game not unlike light gun arcade games, but played with a mouse. OPTIONS
--disable-sound If sound support was compiled in, this will disable it for this session of the game. --fullscreen Run in fullscreen mode. --low Disable some features so that the game might run better on low-end hardware. Titlescreen ballons and game backgrounds are disabled, and the game screen refreshes every 1/15th of a second instead of 1/30th of a second. --help Display a help message summarizing command-line options, copyright, and game controls. --usage Display a brief message summarizing command-line options. Quitting To quit the current game, you can press [ESCAPE]. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 13, 2005 BUGSQUISH(6)