Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Using RSYNC to copy files locally Post 302220448 by pupp on Thursday 31st of July 2008 07:37:05 PM
Old 07-31-2008
you are looking to back up the database??? why not just dump it?

also, there is really no need to rsync the application files because you are copying to a new location and not a location where the files already exists... such as syncing the directories/files. tar.Z the files up and copy to new location.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy to server & delete locally?

Hi, I've got a cronjob running daily creating backup files. How can I send that created file to a remote server & then delete it on my workstation to save space? The filename format is as follows: proj_bk_20070624_15h30, proj_bk_20070625_15h30, etc tar cvf - /project | gzip -c > proj_bk_$(date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokgonec
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync copy files once

Hi This is my situation I have files on the left which I want to copy to the right. Once the files are copied to the right, they are processed and then deleted. The next time rsync runs I dont want it to copy the same files again, it should only copy any new files to the right. I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using remote rsync, but copy locally?

I'm looking to use rsync to compare remote files and to copy the diff to a local directory, rather than transfer over the net. The net connection is not fast enough to transfer these files (~1.8TB) and I'd like to sneakernet them instead. Possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync copy files if dont exist

I have a setup where I have two drives. TV TVbackup For what ever reason, I have a lot of content on my TVbackup drive which isn't on my TV drive. I want to copy all the files across which are on TVbackup but are not currently on TV. If there is a file with the same name but a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

5. SCO

Rsync sometimes fails to copy

Hello I tried rsync (version 3.0.7) on OpenServer 5.0.7. Compile the version of samba.org and use of aljex.com. Both versions do not work reliably, sometimes show errors and stop copying (sometimes works) The OSR5.0.7 I'm using VirtualBox, I do not think the problem is in virtualization, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory

RootFolderI: RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG1.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub1/JPG2.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub2/JPG3.jpg . . . RootFolderI/FolderB/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG4.jpg -> want this jpg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blocnt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Rsync - not copy certain files

I use this rsync --progress -r -u /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/* /home/andy/Ubuntu_18.04_Programs/Is there a way to have it not copy files such as these? 2019-02-25_11:04 I found this but can not figure out what it's doing. 3. Exclude a specific file To exclude a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
MAKEPSRES(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MAKEPSRES(1)

NAME
makepsres - Build PostScript resource database file. SYNOPSIS
makepsres [ options ] directory ... DESCRIPTION
makepsres creates PostScript language resource database files. Resource database files can be used to specify the location of resources that are used by the font selection panel and other Adobe software. For a complete description of the resource location facilities in the Display PostScript system, see Appendix A and Appendix B of "Display PostScript Toolkit for X" in Programming the Display PostScript System with X. makepsres creates a resource database file named PSres.upr that contains all the resources in all the directory path names specified on the command line. If the list of directories contains - , makepsres reads from stdin and expects a list of directories separated by space, tab, or newline. If the list of directories is empty, it is taken to be the current directory. If all specified directories have a common initial prefix, makepsres extracts it as a directory prefix in the new resource database file. makepsres normally acts recursively; it looks for resource files in subdirectories of any specified directory. This behavior can be over- ridden with the command line option -nr. makepsres uses existing resource database files to assist in identifying files. By default, makepsres creates a new resource database file containing all of the following that apply: Resource files found in the directories on the command line. Resource files pointed to by the resource database files in the directories on the command line. Resource entries found in the input resource database files. These entries are copied if the files they specify still exist and are located in directories not specified on the command line. If you run makepsres in discard mode (with the -d option), it does not copy resource entries from the input resource database files. In that case, the output file consists only of entries from the directories on the command line. The input resource database files are only used to assist in identifying files. If you run makepsres in keep mode (with the -k option), it includes in the output file all resource entries in the input resource database files, even entries for files that no longer exist or are located in directories specified on the command line. makepsres uses various heuristics to identify files. A file that is of a private resource type or that does not conform to the standard format for a resource file must be specified in one of the following ways: By running makepsres in interactive mode By preloading the file into a resource database file used for input By beginning the file with the following line: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 Resource-<resource-type> OPTIONS
-o filename Writes the output to the specified filename. The construction "-o -" writes to stdout. If the -o option is not specified, makepsres creates a PSres.upr file in the current directory and writes the output to that file. -f filename Uses information from the specified file to assist in resource typing. The file must be in resource database file format. Multiple -f options may be specified. The construction "-f -" uses stdin as an input file and may not be used if "-" is specified as a direc- tory on the command line. -dir dirname Specifies that dirname is a directory. Needed only in rare cases when dirname is the same as a command-line option such as -nb. -d Specifies discard mode. The resulting output file consists solely of entries from the directories on the command line. -e Marks the resulting PSres.upr file as exclusive. This option makes the resource location library run more quickly since it does not have to look for other resource database files. It becomes necessary, however, to run makepsres whenever new resources are added to the directory, even if the resources come with their own resource database file. -i Specifies interactive mode. In interactive mode, you will be queried for the resource type of any encountered file that makepsres cannot identify. If -i is not specified, makepsres assumes an unidentifiable file is not a resource file. -k Specifies keep mode. -nb If the output file already exists, do not back it up. -nr Specifies nonrecursive mode. makepsres normally acts recursively: it looks for resource files in subdirectories of any specified directory. If -nr is used, makepsres does not look in subdirectories for resource files. -p Specifies no directory prefix. If -p is used, makepsres does not try to find a common directory prefix among the specified directo- ries. -q Quiet mode: ignores unidentifiable files instead of warning about them. -s Specifies strict mode. If -s is used, makepsres terminates with an error if it encounters a file it cannot identify. EXAMPLES
makepsres . Creates a resource database file that contains all the resources in the current directory. makepsres -i -o local.upr /usr/local/lib/ps/fonts Runs makepsres in interactive mode and creates a resource database file named local.upr, which contains all the resources in the directory /usr/local/lib/ps/fonts. SEE ALSO
Programming the Display PostScript System with X (Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 1993). AUTHOR
Adobe Systems Incorporated NOTES
PostScript and Display PostScript are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Copyright (c) 1989-1994 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe Systems 13 May 1993 MAKEPSRES(1)