Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Joining lines in reverse. append line 1 to line 2. Post 302220355 by dwalley on Thursday 31st of July 2008 12:15:18 PM
Old 07-31-2008
Thanks for your help. That is exactly what I wanted.

Can you explain what happens please.

Thanks Tytalus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining lines to single line in VI

Dear friends, In VI, I have these data shown below: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 How can I JOIN these line to the first line? When I finished I should have: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 is there a text length limit of how long a single line can be in VI? Thank you much! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining contents in multiple lines to a single line

I do have a file with contents splited into multiple lines ADSLHLJASHGLJSKAGHJJGAJSLGAHLSGHSAKBV AJHALHALHGLAGLHGBJVFBJVLFDHADAH GFJAGJAGAJFGAKGAKGFAK AJHFAGAKAGAGKAKAKGKAGFGJDGDJJDGJDJDFAG ... ... .... 100's of lines I would like to rearrange the content of this file so it will be a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of line on all lines

Hi, I've spent some time researching for this but can't seem to find a solution. I have a file like this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00There will be multiple lines in the file with the same kind of format. For every line I need to make it this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00||create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on joining one line above & below to the pattern matched string line.

Hi Experts, Help needed on joining one line above & below to the pattern matched string line. The input file, required output is mentioned below Input file ABCD DEFG5 42.0.1-63.38.31 KKKK iokl IP Connection Available ABCD DEFG5 42.0.1-63.38.31 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append multiple lines to the last line of a file

Hello, This is what I am trying to achieve: file1 a b c d file2 e f g h (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append following lines to 1st line, every 3 lines

I have output like this: USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 ... where USER_ID is a unique user login followed by their login timestamp and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

joining multi-line file into single lines

Hi, I have a file like mentioned below..For each specific id starting with > I want to join the sequence in multiple lines to a single line..Is there a simple way in awk or sed to do this >ENST00000558922 cdna:KNOWN TCCAGGATCCAGCCTCCCGATCACCGCGCTAGTCCTCGCCCTGCCTGGGCTTCCCCAGAG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append next line to previous lines when NF is less than 0

Hi All, This is very urgent, I've a data file with 1.7 millions rows in the file and the delimiter is cedilla and I need to format the data in such a way that if the NF in the next row is less than 1, it will append that value to previous line. Any help will be appricated. Thanks,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)

NAME
XkbNoteIndicatorChanges - Notes the changes in a changes structure SYNOPSIS
void XkbNoteIndicatorChanges ( old, new, wanted ) XkbIndicatorChangesPtr old; XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent *new; unsigned int wanted; ARGUMENTS
- old XkbIndicatorChanges structure to be updated - new event from which changes are to be copied - wanted which changes are to be noted DESCRIPTION
Whenever an indicator changes state, the server sends XkbIndicatorStateNotify events to all interested clients. Similarly, whenever an indicator's map changes, the server sends XkbIndicatorMapNotify events to all interested clients. To receive XkbIndicatorStateNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits parameters containing XkbIndicatorStateNotifyMask. To receive XkbIndicatorMapNotify events, use XkbSelectEvents with XkbIndicatorMapNotifyMask. To receive events for only specific indicators, use XkbSelectEventDetails. Set the event_type parameter to XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, and set both the bits_to_change and values_for_bits detail parameters to a mask where each bit specifies one indica- tor, turning on those bits that specify the indicators for which you want to receive events. The changed parameter is a mask that is the bitwise inclusive OR of the indicators that have changed. If the event is of type XkbIndica- torMapNotify, changed reports the maps that changed. If the event is of type XkbIndicatorStateNotify, changed reports the indicators that have changed state. state is a mask that specifies the current state of all indicators, whether they have changed or not, for both XkbIndicatorStateNotify and IndicatorMapNotify events. When your client application receives either a XkbIndicatorStateNotify event or XkbIndicatorMapNotify event, you can note the changes in a changes structure by calling XkbNoteIndicatorChanges. The wanted parameter is the bitwise inclusive OR of XkbIndicatorMapMask and XkbIndicatorStateMask. XkbNoteIndicatorChanges copies any changes reported in new and specified in wanted into the changes record specified by old. STRUCTURES
Both types of indicator events use the same structure: typedef struct _XkbIndicatorNotify { int type; /* Xkb extension base event code */ unsigned long serial; /* X server serial number for event */ Bool send_event; /* True => synthetically generated */ Display * display; /* server connection where event generated */ Time time; /* server time when event generated */ int xkb_type; /* specifies state or map notify */ int device; /* Xkb device ID, will not be XkbUseCoreKbd */ unsigned int changed; /* mask of indicators with new state or map */ unsigned int state; /* current state of all indicators */ } XkbIndicatorNotifyEvent; xkb_type is either XkbIndicatorStateNotify or XkbIndicatorMapNotify, depending on whether the event is a kbIndicatorStateNotify event or kbIndicatorMapNotify event. SEE ALSO
XkbIndicatorMapMask(3), XkbIndicatorStateMask(3), XkbSelectEventDetails(3), XkbSelectEvents(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbNoteIndicatorChanges(3)