Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to add something to a file, plzz help Post 302220301 by asirohi on Thursday 31st of July 2008 11:02:21 AM
Old 07-31-2008
how does this work, is there not a simple way to parse and add "-client" if its not present.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with GREP, help plzz

I just want the output of this command to be stored in a variable like, str = `grep Application.dbName serverdata/ServerProp.txt` but while executing it says like, str : startup 11: not found, where startup is the script name. but while running the command alone like, grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_sakthi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script & sqlplus "plzz help"

hi friends, i m tryin to load data from one set of table to other i have sql procedure al ready for it..! i m going to load the procedure only if data in one of my table for example table "landing " have 10 records each attribute of this table is file_name status date ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbir
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to solve these questions plzz help

1.Display a list of /usr/share/doc subdirectories containing information about shells.How many README files do these subdirectories contain? Don't count anything in the form of "README.a_string". 2.Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago, using grep,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script..plzz help

Hi all, if any body could help me out to automate the unix script for finding some particualar files which are based on dates like see every day i need check the TXT files which are being in processed and Sequential order based on dates For Example: files name starts at... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange errors with shell scripts..plzz help

Hi all... Please help me with this questions. I am not good at shell scripting. 1) It seems like there are many ways that we can run the shell scripts. what is the difference between each one? i)./shell_script.sh ii).(space)./ shell_script.sh iii)sh shell_script.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanskumar2003
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a file by another file: add new line and variable after string is found

hello, I have problem with writing/adjusting a shell script. I searched forum and unfortunately couldn't write scipt based on the information I found. I never wtire such so it's hard for me and I do need to modify one script immediately. case looks like: 1. 'file' that needs to be modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bipbip
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I add a log file path to a vi file to monitor all the changes made to the file?

I'm curious to know how do I add an empty log file (test1.log) to an existing text file to monitor all the changes made to a.txt. Is this expression export PATH=$PATH:/home/test1.log right to be added to the text file a.txt? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
5 Replies
fsc(1)								   USER COMMANDS							    fsc(1)

NAME
fsc - Fast offline compiler for the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
fsc [ <options> ] <source files> PARAMETERS
<options> Command line options. See OPTIONS below. <source files> One or more source files to be compiled (such as MyClass.scala). OPTIONS
The offline compiler supports all options of scalac plus the following: -reset Reset compile server caches. -shutdown Shut down the compilation daemon. The daemon attempts to restart itself as necessary, but sometimes an explicit shutdown is required. A common example is if jars on the class path have changed. -server <hostname:portnumber> Specify compile server host at port number. Usually this option is not needed. Note that the hostname must be for a host that shares the same filesystem. -J <flag> Pass <flag> directly to the Java VM for the compilation daemon. DESCRIPTION
The fsc tool submits Scala compilation jobs to a compilation daemon. The first time it is executed, the daemon is started automatically. On subsequent runs, the same daemon can be reused, thus resulting in a faster compilation. The tool is especially effective when repeatedly compiling with the same class paths, because the compilation daemon can reuse a compiler instance. The compilation daemon is smart enough to flush its cached compiler when the class path changes. However, if the contents of the class path change, for example due to upgrading a library, then the daemon should be explicitly shut down with -shutdown. Note that the scala script runner will also use the offline compiler by default, with the same advantages and caveats. EXAMPLE
The following session shows a typical speed up due to using the offline compiler. > fsc -verbose -d /tmp test.scala ... [Port number: 32834] [Starting new Scala compile server instance] [Classpath = ...] [loaded directory path ... in 692ms] ... [parsing test.scala] ... [total in 943ms] > fsc -verbose -d /tmp test.scala ... [Port number: 32834] [parsing test.scala] ... [total in 60ms] > fsc -verbose -d /tmp test.scala ... [Port number: 32834] [parsing test.scala] ... [total in 42ms] > fsc -verbose -shutdown [Scala compile server exited] ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXIT STATUS
fsc returns a zero exit status if it succeeds to compile the specified input files. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
sbaz(1), scala(1), scalac(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.4 January 18, 2007 fsc(1)