Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need to add something to a file, plzz help Post 302220288 by asirohi on Thursday 31st of July 2008 10:00:23 AM
Old 07-31-2008
I need to add something to a file, plzz help

The first step for you to create the script to change “JAVA_OPTS” variable definition as follows:

Original line:
JAVA_OPTS="-Dname=$JAVA_NAME -Xmx$JVM_MAX -DAGENT_HOME=$RT_HOME -DINSTALL_DIR=$RT_HOME -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=$RT_HOME/conf/client.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType=jks -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword -Dhttps.cipherSuites=SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA $DEBUG_OPTS -COMM_NOT_DEPLOY=native_lib $AGENT_CONFIG_PROPS"

Change to:
JAVA_OPTS="-client -Dname=$JAVA_NAME -Xmx$JVM_MAX -DAGENT_HOME=$RT_HOME -DINSTALL_DIR=$RT_HOME -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=$RT_HOME/conf/client.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType=jks -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword -Dhttps.cipherSuites=SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA $DEBUG_OPTS -COMM_NOT_DEPLOY=native_lib $AGENT_CONFIG_PROPS

IF THE "-client" option is already in, do nothing and print out the message " no change is needed" or add "-client" to the orignal script.

please reply me
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with GREP, help plzz

I just want the output of this command to be stored in a variable like, str = `grep Application.dbName serverdata/ServerProp.txt` but while executing it says like, str : startup 11: not found, where startup is the script name. but while running the command alone like, grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_sakthi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script & sqlplus "plzz help"

hi friends, i m tryin to load data from one set of table to other i have sql procedure al ready for it..! i m going to load the procedure only if data in one of my table for example table "landing " have 10 records each attribute of this table is file_name status date ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbir
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to solve these questions plzz help

1.Display a list of /usr/share/doc subdirectories containing information about shells.How many README files do these subdirectories contain? Don't count anything in the form of "README.a_string". 2.Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago, using grep,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script..plzz help

Hi all, if any body could help me out to automate the unix script for finding some particualar files which are based on dates like see every day i need check the TXT files which are being in processed and Sequential order based on dates For Example: files name starts at... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange errors with shell scripts..plzz help

Hi all... Please help me with this questions. I am not good at shell scripting. 1) It seems like there are many ways that we can run the shell scripts. what is the difference between each one? i)./shell_script.sh ii).(space)./ shell_script.sh iii)sh shell_script.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanskumar2003
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a file by another file: add new line and variable after string is found

hello, I have problem with writing/adjusting a shell script. I searched forum and unfortunately couldn't write scipt based on the information I found. I never wtire such so it's hard for me and I do need to modify one script immediately. case looks like: 1. 'file' that needs to be modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bipbip
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I add a log file path to a vi file to monitor all the changes made to the file?

I'm curious to know how do I add an empty log file (test1.log) to an existing text file to monitor all the changes made to a.txt. Is this expression export PATH=$PATH:/home/test1.log right to be added to the text file a.txt? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
5 Replies
SCHROOT-SCRIPT-CONFIG(5)					   Debian sbuild					  SCHROOT-SCRIPT-CONFIG(5)

NAME
schroot-script-config - schroot chroot setup script configuration DESCRIPTION
schroot uses scripts to set up and then clean up the chroot environment. These scripts may be customised using the script-config key in /etc/schroot/schroot.conf. This key specifies a file which the setup scripts will source when they are run. The file is a Bourne shell script, and in consequence may contain any valid shell code, in addition to simple variable assignments. This will, for example, allow be- haviour to be customised according to the specific chroot type or name. This file is deprecated, but is still used if present; it will be obsoleted and removed in a future release. All the settings in this file are now settable using configuration keys in schroot.conf, as detailed below. Existing configuration should be modified to use these keys in place of this file. ENVIRONMENT
The environment is the same as for all setup scripts, described in schroot-setup(5). VARIABLES
The following variables may be set to configure setup script behaviour. Note that new variables may be added in future releases. Third- party extensions to schroot which add their own setup scripts may add additional variables which are not documented here; consult the extension documentation for further details. SETUP_COPYFILES A file containing a list of files to copy into the chroot (one file per line). The file will have the same absolute location inside the chroot. Note that this is settable using the setup.copyfiles key. SETUP_FSTAB The filesystem table file to be used to mount filesystems within the chroot. The format of this file is the same as for /etc/fstab, documented in fstab(5). The only difference is that the mountpoint path fs_dir is relative to the chroot, rather than the root. Note that this is settable using the setup.fstab key. Also note that mountpoints are canonicalised on the host, which will ensure that absolute symlinks point inside the chroot, but complex paths containing multiple symlinks may be resolved incorrectly; it is advised to not use nested symlinks as mountpoints. SETUP_NSSDATABASES A file listing the system databases to copy into the chroot. The default databases are 'passwd', 'shadow', 'group', 'services', 'protocols', 'networks', and 'hosts'. 'gshadow' is not yet copied by default, due to not being supported by all but the most recent version of the GNU C library. The databases are copied using getent(1) so all database sources listed in /etc/nsswitch.conf will be used for each database. Note that this is settable using the setup.nssdatabases key. AUTHORS
Roger Leigh. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2012 Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org> schroot is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
sbuild(1), schroot(1), sh(1), schroot.conf(5), schroot-setup(5). Version 1.6.4 27 Oct 2012 SCHROOT-SCRIPT-CONFIG(5)