Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX minimum hardware requirement for HPUX 11i V3 Post 302220272 by girish.batra on Thursday 31st of July 2008 08:39:40 AM
Old 07-31-2008
As I also come to know that 1GB of Ram is require for HPUX v2 OS installation as my worstation has 1 GB of Ram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

is nedit available in hpux 11i version 2?

hi 1).in the command "set" result, the 2nd line is EDITOR=vi is it means the vi editor is the default editor? 2). is "nedit"editor available in hpux 11iv2? if no how to install or work in nedit in hpux 11i? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX Hardware commands.

HI ALL, I am new tp HPUX and i am looking for command that will retive me the following information on HPUX: Chassis Name & Serial Number: Monitor Name BIOS Name EthernetPort Name IPEndpoint Name PointingDevice Name Keyboard NetworkPrinter Name LocalPrinter (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

backspace deletion hpux 11i

how i can enable backspace or charector deletion in hpux11i shell prompt. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ksh read bug in HPUX 11i

Is this a bug in ksh on HPUX 11i or is read impromperly documented? INPUT Thu Jan 18 09:14:52 PST : CIFS: Virus Detected - File ONTAP_ADMIN$\vol\vol0\DDD\Ventana\Strattoni\Race Stuff\Rumor.exe in share DDD accessed by client CLIENT (111.11.11.111) running as user USER is infected. The filer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackaroe
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Minimum Sys Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for Rhel Linux to get install on it??:( Plz reply ASAp (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Minimum Sys Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for Rhel Linux to get install on it??:( Plz reply ASAp (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. AIX

Minimum System Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for IBM AIX to get install on it?? Plz Reply ASAP. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove strings of lowercase characters (with minimum length requirement)

Hi all, I want to delete all lowercase characters from my file, but only strings of length 7 and more. For example, how can I go from: JHGEFigeIGDUIirfyfiyhgfoiyfKJHGuioyrDHG To: JHGEFigeIGDUIKJHGuioyrDHG There should be a trick to add to sed 's///g', but I can't figure it out.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbuzzo
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Status of hardware in HpUx

We would like to know a HP Utility or any Unix command that can give the exact status of PCI Gigabit Ethernet cable (lan cable) We had tried to execute lanscan ioscan -fnC lan The status appears to be the same when the cable is plugged & unplugged and also when the lan is disabled &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
5 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.3 2014-06-17 PERLIVP(1)