Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Duplicate postings when following up on a thread Post 302220228 by Neo on Thursday 31st of July 2008 07:33:14 AM
Old 07-31-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
That leaves an unattractive "This message has been deleted by era" trail; is there any way to avoid that? (I went ahead and deleted the duplicates I could quickly find.)
When you delete your own threads, Registered Member cannot see the deletion notice, or at least that is how I recall it.

Anyway, please don't "sweat the small stuff" when there are bigger issues to solve at this time, which is our coming hardware upgrade.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending output to a file - Merged from duplicate thread

Hi All, read dif echo `date +%Y%m%d`|./add $dif|./fmtdt %mon%dd The above script is for adding days to current date to find the new date. This script divides the current date into 20060220(YYYYMMDD) format and pass this output to add script. The add script will add the days to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthu_nix
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to do postings

Hi All, Can you pls help me out on how to do new posting on this forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SGReddy
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change in display of date of postings

I would like to propose to change the display of dates in the postings, which is currently mm-dd-yy. To avoid ambiguity, I would like to propose dd-Mmm-yyyy. Thank you for your anticipated consideration. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Date stamp on thread postings.

Is it possible to have the actual date shown, instead of phrases like "1 Week Ago", on threads list of postings? If possible, how do I enable that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Svenus
0 Replies
RECOVER(1)						      General Commands Manual							RECOVER(1)

NAME
recover - recover a deleted file SYNOPSIS
recover [device] [options] OPTIONS
-h, --help prints help -a, --all no filtering; dump all deleted inodes DESCRIPTION
recover recovers a file which matches some ext2 - info about the deleted inode by getting all the deleted inodes and filtering them. It's based upon the Ext2Undeletion-howto by Aaron Crane. Using this utility, your chances to recover a lost file should increase a lot. QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DELETED FILE
o Hard disk device name o Year of deletion o Month of deletion o Weekday of deletion o First/Last possible day of month o Min/Max possible file size o Min/Max possible deletion hour o Min/Max possible deletion minute o User ID of the deleted file o A text string the file included (can be ignored) BUGS
Please note that recover does not work with ext3 filesystems, it is strictly ext2-only. For further information on this, please read /usr/share/doc/recover/README.ext2only WARRANTY
There is no warranty. SEE ALSO
debugfs (8) AUTHOR
Tom Pycke (Tom.Pycke@advalvas.be) WEBSITE
http://users.linuxbox.com/~recover November 4 1999 RECOVER(1)