Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User ID creation date
Operating Systems AIX User ID creation date Post 302220162 by istvan.banai on Thursday 31st of July 2008 03:48:39 AM
Old 07-31-2008
User ID creation date

Dear All,

I'd like to know is there any way to determine when a user id created in AIX?

Thanks,

Istvan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account creation date

Hi All, Is there a simple and obvious way to see when an account was created.An account has come to my attention in /etc/passwd and a last on it shows having never logged in and the home directory looks to be a couple of years old. Just wondering if I'm over looking anything obvious. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user account creation date

hi, i tried searching the forum for a thread about this, but came up empty handed. is there a way to pull a list of all user accounts, with the associated creation date? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilweezy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find out user creation date

Is there a Command to find out user creation date ? or any other possible ways to find the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to findout the creation date?

Hi all Is ther anyway I can findout the date on which a file was created??? Regards Sube (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get File creation date.

Hi All, I need to get file creation date. I have to access one file who's name is like... abc.log092308 and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008 Also one problem is that this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevan Salunke
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Creation Date of Solaris User

Hi, I am using Solaris 10. How could I find when a solaris user was created? thanks and regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation date of a directory

what's the command to find the creation date of a certain dirctory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reason for no directory creation date

i read here that linux provides no way to determine when a directory was created. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/157874-creation-date-directory.htmlI have a directory /home/andy/scripts that had a README file in it. That file says I put the script in that directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
3 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)