Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: missing syslog entries
Operating Systems AIX missing syslog entries Post 302220057 by AIX_user on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 09:27:01 PM
Old 07-30-2008
These are all local. If there is no reason for the syslog entry to disappear, then it must be the application not sending to AIX. However , the application also say that it is not possible because the entry appear at their log which is a local file. Is there anyway to perform further problem determination?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Missing entries in log files just before/after reboot

Hello world, One of the servers, a Fedora one,rebooted today (Luckily, a testbox). I tried to get the reason the server rebooted. After going through the messages, I think that the log entries just before and after reboot are missing. Please below: (****** is the server name, for privacy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filling a tab-separated file with known missing entries in columns

Hello all, I have a file which is tab separated like that: PHE_205_A TIP_127_W ARG_150_B MET_1150_A TIP_12_W VAL_11_B GLU_60_A TIP_130_W ARG_143_B LEU_1033_A TIP_203_W ARG_14_B SER_1092_A TIP_203_W THR_1090_A TIP_203_W SER_1092_A TIP_25_W ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
6 Replies

3. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies
SYSLOG(8)                                                         System Logging                                                         SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)