Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disk Usage in GB and Unix command to find the biggest file/folder Post 302219844 by Cameron on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 07:54:58 AM
Old 07-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugavaneshwaran
Try this Smilie:

du -h -s foldername

You will get response as below:

3.3G foldername
What platform is this performed under ?? Isn't applicable to HP-UX 11.23 Smilie

Cheers,
Cameron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage command on unix?

hi, Can anyone tell me how I make a tree on the console showing the largest folders on my UNIX system? I want to know where are located the biggest files so I can free some disk space. thanks a lot. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandoura
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage in Unix

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to find the disk usage in UNIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Command to rename a file in a zipped folder

Hi, I am into automation work. Is there any UNIX command to rename a file in a zipped folder, without unzipping it..??? Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Victoria.Sam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Disk usage command

Hi, I need a command that gives me the user who is using more space in the unix box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinaya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find biggest number inside file

Hi, I wanna find the biggest number inside of a file this is kind of example of file: 9 11 55 then i just wanna print out the biggest number i had try sed filenale | sort -k1,1n | paste -s -d',' - but i had no success ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find biggest word in a file....?

With any cmd like sed grep ask etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidpatil
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX utility to find difference in folder, file and contents of file against a base version

Hi, I am trying to find out whether there are any Unix utilities that compares folders, files and contents within the file and provides a comprehensive report. The comparison can be against base version of a folder and file with content. Can you please let me know of such a utility? Thanks,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sripathi_ks
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find out disk usage for particular indexes for different hosts

Need disk utilisation script for particular indexes on few hosts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krish5v
3 Replies
page_util_quote(3tcl)					      Parser generator tools					     page_util_quote(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(3tcl)