Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to archive log files:Urgent Help required Post 302219821 by era on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 06:34:08 AM
Old 07-30-2008
The error message indicates line 140, but it seems to correspond with line 142 (and also on line 159) in your script: the syntax of the for statement is wrong. You should remove the dollar sign in front of the variable name; the correct syntax is

Code:
for file in $LOGDIR

Please remove the "urgent help" tag from this thread; tags are meant to help users of this site.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive all the log files

is there a way to write a script and run with a cron job which archives all the *.log files into .tar.gz. :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required in deleting a line without opening a file usinga shell script

Hi, I need a help in deleting a line matching a particular pattern in a file using shell script without opening the file. The file is a .c/.cpp file. Is it possible? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive Script-Urgent

Hi All, How do I archive a script so that all the files are not sent when the script runs? Is the command ArchiveNx used. If yes then where is it added in the command line? E.g.: /home/projects/ftpToShrDrive {USERID} ${PASSWORD} ${REMOTEHOST} ${LOCALDIR} ${NAMEOFFILE} Here the ftpToShrDrive is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Archive Script-Urgent

Hi All, How do I archive a script so that all the files are not sent when the script runs? Is the command ArchiveNx used. If yes then where is it added in the command line? E.g.: /home/projects/ftpToShrDrive {USERID} ${PASSWORD} ${REMOTEHOST} ${LOCALDIR} ${NAMEOFFILE} Here the ftpToShrDrive is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indira
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script interview question...help required urgent!!!

hi i have cancelled my previous post (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT SCRIPT LOGIC required

Hello friends, It will be great if we found some way to check this our: we have some databases (teradata and oracle). our applications(in java on weblogic) are using connection pools of these databases. we have a pair of userID and password for every pool. If we have any logic to test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script invoked using "sh" is not executing. Urgent help required

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. I am using Linux for doing scripting. Below is my script, which takes 2 parameters as input. test.sh has the below: #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.profile gpg --yes --no-use-agent -r "$(eval echo \$$2_Var)" -e $1 1st parameter is command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarb
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log archive script

I need a log archival script which will delete files older than 3 days in a given JBOSS log directory which has files as follows server.log.2011-08-25 server.log.2011-08-26 server.log.2011-08-27 server.log.2011-08-28 server.log I only want to save server.log and 3 days before server.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories

Hello, I have a CentOS server that contains a 'storage' directory. Within that directory, there could be any number of subfolders (all with unique names that match usernames). Under each username folder, there are two additional folders: db and files /STORAGE/user1/db/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonH
3 Replies
tracker-tag(1)							   User Commands						    tracker-tag(1)

NAME
tracker-tag - Add, remove and list tags. SYNOPSIS
tracker-tag [OPTION...] FILE [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-tag allows the caller add tags, remove tags and list tags by URN or to list all tags and the files associated with them. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -t, --list List all tags. Results include the number of files associated with that tag and the tag's unique identifier. You can show the files associated with each tag by using --show-files. -s, --show-files Show the files associated with each tag. This option is ONLY available WITH the --list option. -a, --add=TAG Add a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is simply created (if it didn't already exist) and no files are associated with it. Multiple FILE arguments can be specified. -d, --delete=TAG Delete a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is deleted for ALL files. If FILE arguments are speci- fied, only those files have the TAG deleted. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-search(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-tag(1)