Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compatibility problem of Tk Module in different versions Post 302219802 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 05:03:25 AM
Old 07-30-2008
This is a known problem. The solution is to get the source for the Tk module from https://svn.perl.org/modules/Tk/trunk and rebuild it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compatibility problem ??!!

hi! i have two problems with the following script who prepares a date (removes the heading zero from day if day<10) for arithmetical operations: <script> #!/usr/bin/sh DAY=`date +%d`; echo 1 - $DAY;#i.e. 06 DAY=${DAY#0}; echo 2 - $DAY;#i.e. 6 </script> 1. every time i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

having problem in understanding namei module

can anyone give me some idea on unix filesystem namei's algorithsm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangc
2 Replies

3. Programming

Basic multi module problem

I am trying to learn how to use multiple modules and hearder files. I have tried a little experiment but cannot get it to work. Here is my code and compilation attempt. Any help with finding my problems appreciated. The main function (main01.c) calls a function located in another file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

4. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel module compilation problem

I have one big module 2.6.18 kernel mod.c I want to divide this to several files. The problem is to write right Makefile lib1.h lib1.c mod.c mod.c works fine normally but when I divide into several files and try to compile with this makefile obj-m := mod.o mod-objs := lib1.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO unix binary compatibility problem

Hi I am looking for sco xenix binary compatibility utility "cvtomf",(convert omf object to COFF object) Would you please help me ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

7. AIX

apache/tomcat compatibility with AIX versions

Hello, Where can i find the information about the compatibility versions of tomcat with AIX? for example, AIX 5.2 supported tomcat versions?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem loading cpufreq module

I'd like to install cpufreq modules on my server . I tried sudo modprobe acpi-cpufreq but got the error FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen/kernel/arch/x86_64/kernel/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device cat /proc/cpuinfo gives this ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem during perl module installation

Hi 'm getting error while installing perl mdule on linux.can any one tell me how to resolve that error? problem is: CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.22) CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JD/JDB/Win32-OLE-0.1709.tar.gz OS unsupported Warning: No success on command Warning (usually harmless):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync problem versions out of sync

Hello, I have a report which I am writing as a .tex file, and I am editing from two computers (office and home laptop). I use rsync over ssh connection to synchronise between them and all the rssync commands are written in a Shell script. #synchronise from office computer to home laptop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)