Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sample of script that control a daemon Post 302219795 by pierrelaval on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 04:32:20 AM
Old 07-30-2008
sample of script that control a daemon

Hi everybody,
Does somebody has a sample of script that control a daemon?
for example use loop until the daemon is on and if is not on
do something else?

Thanks
Pier

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that processes a sample of a file

hi all, I need some help in regards of how to process just a sample from a large .txt file I have a large file from many new lines (say above 200.000 new lines), I need a script that process just a sample of it, say 10.000 bur a random sample (taking rows from top top to the the bottom) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Script

Below is the code. Its the 1st line of a file. How can I remove the bracket and display like below. 123 web int 1 09:30:45 2013 I dont want to use AWK or SED or PERL. I need to use only the bash shell scripting commands to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sample shell script to add a user

Sample shell script to add a user: Today i learn how to add a user to linux server with a password. #!/bin/bash # Script to add a user to Linux system if ; then read -p "Enter username : " username read -s -p "Enter password : " password egrep "^$username" /etc/passwd >/dev/null if ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulaxmi
0 Replies
UDISKS-DAEMON(8)						   udisks-daemon						  UDISKS-DAEMON(8)

NAME
udisks-daemon - udisks Daemon SYNOPSIS
udisks-daemon [--help] DESCRIPTION
udisks-daemon provides the org.freedesktop.UDisks service on the system message bus. Users or administrators should never need to start this daemon as it will be automatically started by dbus-daemon(1) whenever an application calls into the org.freedesktop.UDisks service. See the udisks(7) man page for information on how to customize how udisks-daemon works. OPTIONS
--help Show help options. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen david@fubar.dk with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=udisks. SEE ALSO
udisks(7), udisks(1), udisks-tcp-bridge(1), dbus-daemon(1) udisks April 2008 UDISKS-DAEMON(8)