Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers about unix Post 302219773 by sumitlimat on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 03:19:18 AM
Old 07-30-2008
Tools thank u

Hello there

thanu for ur reply.....but i m not getting the desired output

ill explain u in detail.....wht we do

we first use the command ls -lt /apps/psoft............../FNTEDP01*

through which we get the no of files in the directory of the format

/apps..................../FNTEDP01_1423165.LOG

from this we pick the latest file as per the date

and then use more command to get the information and then the tail command if we dont get the entire information from the more

(we dont use the cat command bec some of the files may be very large )

then pick the information from the file

we do this for several files ....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
dxmkfontdir(1X) 														   dxmkfontdir(1X)

Name
       dxmkfontdir - Create a list of fonts for the X server.

Syntax
       dxmkfontdir [directory-names]

Description
       The  dxmkfontdir  command  creates  files  that list font names and the font files to which the names correspond, for use when the X server
       starts up.  In each directory specified as a command argument, dxmkfontdir creates the directory's list of fonts and places it  in  a  file
       called fonts.dir.  If you omit arguments, dxmkfontdir creates a fonts.dir file for the current directory.

The  fonts.dir file lists each font file and gives the name of the font in that file.  To obtain font names, dxmkfontdir searches the files
       in the directory for a property named FONT. If the FONT property is absent, dxmkfontdir uses the names of PCF (.pcf), BDF (.bdf), and  com-
       pressed BDF (.bdf.Z) files, omitting their suffixes.  If a font exists in multiple formats, the PCF format is used.

When  the  X server starts up, it looks for a fonts.dir file in each font directory in the font path.  It also looks for a fonts.alias file
       in each directory.

Font Aliases
       You can create or edit the fonts.alias file to assign new names to existing fonts.  X clients can then use the alias names to request fonts
       from  the server.  A font alias file can be in one or any number of directories in the font path.  It consists of two columns, separated by
       white space.  The first column lists aliases; the second column contains font name patterns.  Aliases can reference  fonts  in  directories
       other than the one in which the alias file exists.

To embed white space in the alias name or the font name, enclose the name in  quotation marks ("").  To embed quotation marks (or any other
       characters), precede them with a backslash (.   The following are sample entries from a fonts.alias file:

courier10			   fixed
       /udir/sally/fonts/courier/10.pcf    "-adobe-helvetica-bold-o-normal--
					    24-240-15-75-p-104-1508859-1"

If the fonts.alias file contains the string FILE_NAMES_ALIASES alone on a line, each file name in the directory (without its  .pcf  suffix)
       is automatically translated as a font name alias. For example, a file named courier10.pcf would have the font name alias courier10.

See Also
       X(1X), dxfc(1X)

dxmkfontdir(1X)