Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Webcam on xfce?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Webcam on xfce? Post 302219746 by Chesh on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 01:49:08 AM
Old 07-30-2008
Ok.. so I installed wxWidgets just fine. I went back to wxCam and ./configure; make
Got a long string of normal looking responses, but at the bottom was this:

Code:
checking for pkg-config... no
checking for WXCAM... configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables WXCAM_CFLAGS
and WXCAM_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I followed the link and got sent the a wiki. They linked another site and I could not find the file there.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Webcam installation...

I have a webcam and I wish to have it installed under my Linux box (Slack) - it works fine under Windows (when I had it), and I kinda want it installed now. The problem is I have no idea what make/model it is - here is the information on it:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

webcam on FreeBSD

Hello, guys ! I'm using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. Can anyone recomend me a good soft that I can use for video conferences ? I mean, something like Yahoo! Messenger on Windows. I want to make a video conference with a friend of mine, but I use FreeBSD and my friend is using Windows. So, any sugestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Webcam stuck in OSX

Hi I have a strange problem. I opened a dmg that supposedly contained the drivers for a webcam (Genius Look 316), i dragged the file to apps and ran it. My camera turned on and the program ran fine. Then I closed the program completely and deleted the application and my webcam wont turn off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twerdster
0 Replies

5. Debian

Webcam software?

Does anyone know if there is a webcam software (like webcamXP), but for Linux (Debian)? I need to have a program (with GUI), where I can add and manage multiple USB cameras, and be able to upload images via FTP. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guldstrand
0 Replies

6. Linux

udev rule + script for setting webcam's mic as audio input

Hello, whenever I plugin my webcam, I want to use its microphone instead of the one integrated in my laptop. I therefore created a udev rule: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="046d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0807", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/webcammic"This rule works, I've tested it with a testscript (the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MojoDodo
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Webcam and Skype not working properly

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Ubuntu 15.10. (I originally went with a later version but I was encountering lots of bugs. This version seems to be more stable for my system). Things are mostly working okay, but not my webcam. If I go to a website to test it, it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
0 Replies
freealut-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						freealut-config(1)

NAME
freealut-config - script to get information about the installed version of freealut SYNOPSIS
freealut-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
freealut-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use freealut. The use of freealut-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses freealut. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that freealut was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses freealut. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that freealut was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of freealut on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(freealut-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use freealut-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(freealut-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use freealut-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to freealut by Sam Hocevar. freealut 2003-11-22 freealut-config(1)