Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to archive log files:Urgent Help required Post 302219745 by era on Wednesday 30th of July 2008 01:47:22 AM
Old 07-30-2008
Post the errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive all the log files

is there a way to write a script and run with a cron job which archives all the *.log files into .tar.gz. :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required in deleting a line without opening a file usinga shell script

Hi, I need a help in deleting a line matching a particular pattern in a file using shell script without opening the file. The file is a .c/.cpp file. Is it possible? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive Script-Urgent

Hi All, How do I archive a script so that all the files are not sent when the script runs? Is the command ArchiveNx used. If yes then where is it added in the command line? E.g.: /home/projects/ftpToShrDrive {USERID} ${PASSWORD} ${REMOTEHOST} ${LOCALDIR} ${NAMEOFFILE} Here the ftpToShrDrive is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Archive Script-Urgent

Hi All, How do I archive a script so that all the files are not sent when the script runs? Is the command ArchiveNx used. If yes then where is it added in the command line? E.g.: /home/projects/ftpToShrDrive {USERID} ${PASSWORD} ${REMOTEHOST} ${LOCALDIR} ${NAMEOFFILE} Here the ftpToShrDrive is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indira
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script interview question...help required urgent!!!

hi i have cancelled my previous post (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT SCRIPT LOGIC required

Hello friends, It will be great if we found some way to check this our: we have some databases (teradata and oracle). our applications(in java on weblogic) are using connection pools of these databases. we have a pair of userID and password for every pool. If we have any logic to test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script invoked using "sh" is not executing. Urgent help required

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. I am using Linux for doing scripting. Below is my script, which takes 2 parameters as input. test.sh has the below: #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.profile gpg --yes --no-use-agent -r "$(eval echo \$$2_Var)" -e $1 1st parameter is command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarb
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log archive script

I need a log archival script which will delete files older than 3 days in a given JBOSS log directory which has files as follows server.log.2011-08-25 server.log.2011-08-26 server.log.2011-08-27 server.log.2011-08-28 server.log I only want to save server.log and 3 days before server.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories

Hello, I have a CentOS server that contains a 'storage' directory. Within that directory, there could be any number of subfolders (all with unique names that match usernames). Under each username folder, there are two additional folders: db and files /STORAGE/user1/db/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonH
3 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD