Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help !!! simple query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help !!! simple query Post 302219452 by Danish Shakil on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 07:04:21 AM
Old 07-29-2008
Need Help !!! simple query

Dear,

I have a alarm text file, containing minor and major alarms, i am intrested in Mojor alarm with its alarm header and next four lines in seperate file....

Can anybody help me with this below is the alarm file output.

:SEV="MAJOR":
Object-Instance %
unit-type % bts nbr % 25
SBL-type % tre nbr % 4 subnb % 255

:SEV="MINOR":
Object-Instance %
unit-type % bts nbr % 8
SBL-type % ra nbr % 2 subnb % 255

:SEV="MAJOR":
Object-Instance %
unit-type % bts nbr % 24
SBL-type % tre nbr % 4 subnb % 255

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple sed query

hi, i would like to replace a string in a series of files with another string, without outputting to new files. is this possible? i've tried using sed, and started by trying to alter the contents of one file... sed 's/string1/string2/g' file.txt but while this does the replacement on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schmark
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple loop query

Hi All Just started with shell scripts and am stumped by, what is to most of you no doubt, a simple issue. All I'm trying to do is prompt a user for input and writing to a log file. If the user types the word 'stop', then the program should halt. If the word typed is 'clear', then the log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kutz13
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple query on unix shell script

I want to write a script to go to particular path in file and run shell script from there. what will be shell script for the same. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Programming

A simple C program query ...

Given the following code inside the function ext3_write_super(): (It's there in Linux kernel 2.6.27.59) static void ext3_write_super (struct super_block * sb) { if (mutex_trylock(&sb->s_lock) != 0) BUG(); sb->s_dirt = 0; } The conditional test at if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
alarm(2)							   System Calls 							  alarm(2)

NAME
alarm - schedule an alarm signal SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int alarm(unsigned int seconds); DESCRIPTION
The alarm() function causes the system to generate a SIGALRM signal for the process after the number of real-time seconds specified by sec- onds have elapsed (see signal.h(3HEAD)). Processor scheduling delays may prevent the process from handling the signal as soon as it is generated. If seconds is 0, a pending alarm request, if any, is cancelled. If seconds is greater than LONG_MAX/hz, seconds is rounded down to LONG_MAX/hz. The value of hz is normally 100. Alarm requests are not stacked; only one SIGALRM generation can be scheduled in this manner; if the SIGALRM signal has not yet been gen- erated, the call will result in rescheduling the time at which the SIGALRM signal will be generated. The fork(2) function clears pending alarms in the child process. A new process image created by one of the exec(2) functions inherits the time left to an alarm signal in the old process's image. RETURN VALUES
If there is a previous alarm request with time remaining, alarm() returns a non-zero value that is the number of seconds until the previous request would have generated a SIGALRM signal. Otherwise, alarm() returns 0. ERRORS
The alarm() function is always successful; no return value is reserved to indicate an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), fork(2), signal.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 6 Jun 2007 alarm(2)