Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Machine Crashed
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Machine Crashed Post 302219438 by sparcguy on Tuesday 29th of July 2008 05:32:28 AM
Old 07-29-2008
You got transport error.

I'd power down the server. Re-seat all the disks make sure they are securely connected to the server.

/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s7 disks probably contains the application home, it was complaining during bootup. check your vfstab file under /etc

cat /etc/vfstab | grep c1t1d0s7

or
cat /etc/vfstab |grep <application home directory> to see where it's mounted or what is mounted to c1t1d0s7

if you are lucky maybe errors in vfstab, otherwise disk crash means restore from backup tape.

Also I'm guessing here that you could be using disks with different RPM speeds hence
"Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate" the faster disk will always spin down to the RPM speed of the slowest disk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Machine Rebooted

Hi , My Sun Machine Rebooted by itself 2 days back . Its running fine now , But i wanted to find out wat caused it to reboot... This is wat the var/adm/messages show . Kern.notice:- System booting after fatal error FATAL... Wat causes this message ... And wat tasks should i do to ensure it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun machine boot up

Hi I am trying to bring up our Sun V100 machine remotely using hyper terminal. We have connected LOM port A to COM1 of our windows server and have lom promt available. Now when we type poweron it starts booting and goes through the booting process and stops at the following step... .... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire E2900 crashed. Help analyze explorer

Dear Friends, Sun Fire E2900 crashed. I collected explorer output. core dump files been generated. There some interesting output files related to crash dumps, that I need some help from you guys to understand. The file in the explorer output is under /sysconfig/crash it's called:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all. Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10). Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cloned Sun OS 10 HD using replicator machine

Dear all, I have Sun Oracle 10 SPARC T4-1 machine with 4 units SAS2 300GB configure with 2 set Raid1. Is it possible to take out all 4 hd and cloned the 4 HD using disk clone/replicator machine with same HD size and model? After the cloned completed put back the new cloned HD at original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayyahma
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
symhisl(7D)							      Devices							       symhisl(7D)

NAME
symhisl - symhisl SCSI Host Bus Adapter Driver SYNOPSIS
scsi@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The symhisl host bus adapter driver is a SCSA-compliant nexus driver that supports the LSI Logic SYM21002 (SYM53C896), SYM22910 (SYM53C896), SYM53C895A, SYM53C896, SYM53C1010-33, and SYM53C1010-66 SCSI controller chips. The symhisl driver supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface, including tagged and untagged queuing, Wide, Fast, Ultra, Ultra2, and Ultra3 SCSI, and auto request sense. The symhisl driver does not support linked commands. CONFIGURATION
You configure the symhisl driver by defining properties in the symhisl.conf file. Properties in the symhisl.conf file override the global SCSI settings. The driver supports the following user-modifiable properties: scsi-options target<n>-scsi-options scsi-reset-delay scsi-watchdog-tick scsi-initiator-id symFlags target<n>-scsi-options overrides the scsi-options property value for target<n>. <n> can vary from hex 0 to f. symhisl supports the follow- ing scsi-options: SCSI_OPTIONS_DR, SCSI_OPTIONS_SYNC, SCSI_OPTIONS_FAST, SCSI_OPTIONS_ULTRA, SCSI_OPTIONS_ULTRA2, SCSI_OPTIONS_TAG, and SCSI_OPTIONS_WIDE. SCSI_OPTIONS_PARITY is supported for the scsi-options setting only and disables host adapter parity checking. After periodic interval scsi-watchdog-tick (seconds), the symhisl driver searches through all current and disconnected commands for time- outs. symFlags is a driver-specific bit-mask you can use to enable or disable driver properties. bit 0 When set, the driver will not reset the SCSI bus at initialization. Certain CD-ROM, tape, and other devices will not work properly when this bit is set. The default state for this bit is cleared. bit 1 When set, the driver will not export the DMI ioctl interface. Set this bit only if you want to disable the ioctl interface for security reasons. The default state for this bit is cleared. bit 2 When set, the driver disables 64-bit addressing capability. When clear, the driver enables 64-bit addressing capability. The default state for this bit is cleared. bit 3 When set, the driver disables SCSI domain validation for all devices on any adapters controlled by the driver. Refer to scsi_hba_attach(9F) for more information on driver configuration. EXAMPLES
Edit the file /kernel/drv/symhisl.conf and add the following line: scsi-options=0x78; This disables tagged queuing, Fast, Ultra, and Ultra2 SCSI and wide mode for all symhisl instances. The following example disables an option for one specific symhisl instance (refer to driver.conf(4) and pci(4) for more details): name="symhisl" parent="/pci@1f,4000" unit-address="3" target1-scsi-options=0x58 scsi-options=0x178 scsi-initiator-id=6; Note that the initiator ID can only be changed for symhisl adapters that do not use the LSI Logic Boot ROM Configuration Utility. For adapters that can use the LSI Logic Boot ROM Configuration Utility, scsi-initiator-id has no effect. The example above sets scsi-options for target 1 to 0x58 and all other targets on this SCSI bus to 0x178. The physical path name of the parent can be determined using the /devices tree or following the link of the logical device name: # ls -l /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 May 16 10:08 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 -> ../../devices/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0:a,raw In this case, the parent is /pci@1f,4000 and the unit-address is the number bound to the scsi@3 node. scsi-options specified per target ID have the highest precedence, followed by scsi-options per device type. Global scsi-options (for all symhisl instances) per bus have the lowest precedence. The system must be rebooted for the specified scsi-options to take effect. Driver Capabilities The target driver sets capabilities in the symhisl driver to enable some driver features. The target driver can query and modify the fol- lowing capabilities: disconnect, synchronous, wide-xfer, tagged-qing, and auto-rqsense. All other capabilities are query only. By default, tagged-qing capabilities are disabled, while disconnect, synchronous, wide-xfer, auto-rqsense, and untagged-qing are enabled. These capabilities can only have binary values (0 or 1). The target driver must enable tagged-qing explicitly. The untagged-qing capability is always enabled and its value cannot be modified. If a conflict exists between the value of scsi-options and a capability, the value set in scsi-options prevails. Only whom != 0 is sup- ported in the scsi_ifsetcap(9F) call. Refer to scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and scsi_ifgetcap(9F) for details. FILES
/kernel/drv/symhisl ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/symhisl.confConfiguration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-------------------------------+---------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Architecture |Limited to PCI-based sys- | | |tems with LSI Logic | | |SYM21002, SYM22910, | | |SYM53C895A, SYM53C896, | | |SYM53C1010-33, and | | |SYM53C1010-66 SCSI I/O | | |processors. | +-------------------------------+---------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), pci(4), attributes(5), scsi_abort(9F), scsi_hba_attach(9F), scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_ifsetcap(9F), scsi_reset(9F), scsi_sync_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_device(9S), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_inquiry(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers ANSI Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2), LSI Logic Corporation, SYM53C896 PCI-SCSI I/O Processor LSI Logic Corporation, SYM53C895A PCI-SCSI I/O Processor LSI Logic Corporation, SYM53C1010 PCI-SCSI I/O Processor NOTES
The symhisl SYM53C895A and SYM53C896 (SYM21002 and SYM22910) hardware and software support Wide, Fast, SCSI Ultra, and Ultra2 synchronous speeds. SYM53C1010-33 and SYM53C1010-66 also support Ultra3 synchronous speeds. The maximum SCSI bandwidth for Ultra2 transfers is 80 Mbytes/sec and 160 Mbytes/sec for Ultra3. SunOS 5.10 13 Sep 2001 symhisl(7D)