Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting files between a user inputed date range Post 302219255 by Franklin52 on Monday 28th of July 2008 03:35:28 PM
Old 07-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelldan
Ah ok, I'm following your now. Would it be easier to have the user input the dates with out the slashes?

If so, that would remove the needs for the

{gsub("/","",s);gsub("/","",e)}

Portion, right?

Thanks again!
Right, in that case you can remove this portion:

Code:
BEGIN{gsub("/","",s);gsub("/","",e)}

or you can use the first solution.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File date compare for user defined range

:confused: Hi i am a noob and need a little help to finish my shell script. I am learning as i go but hit a problem. I am search thorugh logs(*.rv) files to find entires between two user defined dates, The script so far looks for the "START" and "END" of each entry at sees if it belongs To... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojo24
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Selecting specific files based on 'date stamp' values

Hi, I've list of files in a directory, which have date stamp value in their names. ex: abc_data_20071102.csv, abc_data_20091221.csv, abc_data_20100110.csv, abc_data_20100222.csv, abc_data_20080620.csv,... etc., I need to select and process only files, within the given date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a range of Lines

Hi All, Is there a way to get a range of lines from a file??? I want to search through a set of scripts and need to select the group of lines which do the FTP. Say, Line1 Line2 ftp SERVER user UNAME PASS send FILE_TO_BE_SENT close Line3 Line4 Line5 ftp SERVER1 user USER1 PASS1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beinthemiddle
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search on date range of file based on user input

Hello I would like to ask for help with a script to search a directory that contains many log files and based on a users input after being prompted, they enter a date range down to the hour which searches the files that contain that range. I dont know how to go about this. I am hoping that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

display Range of date depend on user input php

Hi, i am very new to php Is it possible to display Range of date depend on user input day example: user input 2 day start from 28/4/12 it will add 2 day from date of input so display should look like this 28/4/12 to 30/4/12 then from 30/412 user add another 4 date so will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting highest value within a range

Within millions of lines of data, there are perhaps 20 "spikes" that are very narrow. I want only the highest value from each spike within a range of 10 rows. Possible? My data looks like this, 8 columns of integers, millions of rows. There are clear spikes when you graph columns. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: markymarkg123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted files between date range

Dear Friends, I have HP_ux 11.31 and want to delete some unwanted very old log files between two date range. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
TV_SPLIT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      TV_SPLIT(1p)

NAME
tv_split - Split XMLTV listings into separate files by date and channel. SYNOPSIS
tv_split --output TEMPLATE [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
Read XMLTV listings and split them into some number of output files. The output file chosen for each programme is given by substitutions on the filename template supplied. You can split listings by time and by channel. The TEMPLATE is a filename but substitutions are applied: first %channel is replaced with the id of a programme's channel, and then Date::Manip substitutions (which broadly follow date(1)) are applied based on the start time of each programme. In this way each programme is written to a particular output file. When an output file is created it will also contain all the channel elements from the input. One or more input files can be given; if more than one then they are concatenated in the same way as tv_cat. If no input files are given then standard input is read. EXAMPLE
Use "tv_split --output %channel-%Y%m%d.xml" to separate standard input into separate files for each day and channel. The files will be created with names like bbc1.bbc.co.uk-20020330.xml. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip(3). AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com. perl v5.14.2 2004-01-20 TV_SPLIT(1p)