Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crontab file Post 302219155 by mradsus on Monday 28th of July 2008 08:03:32 AM
Old 07-28-2008
I dont know where is the crontab file locatedfor the scheduled jobs.
If I can do it from the backups, can you give me the commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

crontab file

Does any know if crontab files are automatically backed up anywhere? I am trying to track down when I specific entry was added to one of my crontab files and cannot just use the most recent timestamp on the latest version of the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mclaughline
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to write crontab file

hello Unix Guru's I need help to write crontab .. i want to run my script everyday . It should start after 12:00 midnight everyday . But on Friday i dont want to start that script at 12:00 midnight but want to start after 3:00 a.m . any way to write cronttab like this .. my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat Crontab file

I need help writing a script that will reformat a crontab file. The first thing the script is doing is a crontab -l > crontab.txt. I need the crontab.txt file to read "8.00 PM every weekday (Mon-Fri) only in Oct." instead of the orig format "0 20 * 10 1-5" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit the crontab file

Hi All, There are some cron jobs scheduled already by someone, now I have to make some changes to the schedule timings. Please advise me. thanks, Raju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with crontab file

I have a crontab file called /var/spool/cron/root with these contents. When I use the command, crontab -l, these are the contents which are displayed. HOME=/ MAILTO=maintenance@mycompany.com; robl@mycompany.com PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin SHELL=/bin/bash ##run-parts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobble14988
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to grep Job File name and Log File name from crontab -l

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script where i can grep the name of file ie. .sh file and log file from crontab -l. #51 18 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh > /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh.log 2>&1 #40 17 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ux634.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab and calling a .sh file

Hey out there. I have a .sh file I am calling from cron that I am trying to use to shut down the app at midnight. I have a file that does it and works just fine if I run it by typing "bash crontabstop.sh" from a command prompt. But if I call the file from a crontab I get this output.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Crontab file issue

Hi guys, I edited my crontab file and entered this enter: * * * * * w >> `date +%F`.who Then I later deleted the above entry and entered : * * * * * w >> /rpool/who/w.txt when I login and ran : crontab -e I get this entry: * * * * * w >> `date +%F`.who Instead of this entry: *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to edit crontab file

Hi, I have a solaris 10 box. And I want to schedule a cronjob.But it gives the following error bash-3.2$ crontab -l crontab: can't open your crontab file. bash-3.2$ EDITOR=vi bash-3.2$ export EDITOR bash-3.2$ crontab -e crontab: can't open your crontab file. I checked in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab No such file or directory

I keep getting the crontab No such file or directory error message. 0,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40 * * * * "/bin/ps aux --sort -\%mem >> /home/m/bob/cookies" I have made sure my directory exists. find /home/m/bob -iname 'cookies' 2>/dev/null /home/m/bob/cookies I am using the full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
queuedefs(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)