Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netSnmp question
Special Forums IP Networking netSnmp question Post 302219128 by hemulll on Monday 28th of July 2008 07:06:12 AM
Old 07-28-2008
netSnmp question

Hello all, I have a question about NetSnmp "http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/" I wanna configure my NetSnmp that when i get information by snmpget|walk from snmpagent from specific OID, netsnmp will execute configured command and will return me command output with string .... For example: I do get from oid that i configured and netsnmp see that i get this oid and run command "for example "echo 1" and return me command output in string with snmpget... Thanks , and sorry about my English

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question !

Hi a am writing a C Programe on Vi Editor (File Handelling),and i am compiling it using fcc but it not compiling ,Even Vi not saving my file.Tell me how can i do that.One More Thing I want to know that ,Is their any subsitute of conio.h. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

I was given a computer that has been wiped clean and has never had windows installed how do I format the hardrive so I can install windows XP (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemini61
3 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Please Help me out with this question

. Make a new copy of mars.txt called marsx. What happens if you give the following commands when the files bio and marsx both already exist? Don't guess, try it! a) cp bio marsx b) mv bio marsx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.katpalli
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

compiling netsnmp on solaris 8

Hello all Currently I am trying to install net-snmp-5.5 on a V480 Solaris 8 machine however things are hardly going smooth. I'm running configure will the following options. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mib-modules="smux ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/lmSensors host"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Solaris 9 netsnmp-5.4.2.1 and WUG.

Hi, I have set up netsnmp-5.4.2.1 as below on a Solaris 9 SPARC server, but it is still not working with What's Up Gold. gzip -dc /mnt/sysinstall/Net-SNMP/libgcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local.gz > libgcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local pkgadd -d libgcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local gzip -dc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
0 Replies

6. Solaris

netsnmp on solaris8 sparc

hello, I installed netsnmp 5.6 on solaris 8 (sparc). now I want to have cpu, memory and disk used, for this when i execute: snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost memory it displays me: End of mib please tel me how to do, to have this information (cpu, memory and disk used). thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamou23
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc question

I am new to unix. how to get only the no. of lines output from the wc -l command. Input: wc -l filename it gives <no.of lines> filename i need only the interger value. as <no.of lines> Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
2 Replies

8. AIX

including netsnmp with rc scripts

Hi Admins, I have configured net-snmp with my aix 5.3 server. how to add the same in rc scripts,so that net-snmp will start automatically post server reboot. As per now , i have to start snmp manually after server reboot. Thanks in advance newaix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularily useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix 4.2 Berkeley Distribution 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)