Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh script for connecting unix system. Post 302219114 by suri.tyson on Monday 28th of July 2008 05:47:35 AM
Old 07-28-2008
Hi Zaxxon, thanks it worked;however would like to know one more thing...

I've made it possible by using two scripts.

1.)test_ssh1.sh

#!/bin/ksh
RESULTFILE=/oracle/PC9/netbackup.log
if [[ -e ${RESULTFILE} ]]; then
rm -f ${RESULTFILE}
fi

/usr/sap/sapshare/scripts/test_ssh2.sh Q03 sf2dom1

/usr/sap/sapshare/scripts/test_ssh2.sh D01 sol5500

/usr/sap/sapshare/scripts/test_ssh2.sh D02 jdcss039

2.)test_ssh2.sh

#!/bin/ksh

##############################################################################################
export ORACLE_SID=$1
export primaryhost=$2
export sid=`echo $ORACLE_SID| tr ['A-Z'] ['a-z']`
##############################################################################################

RESULTFILE=/oracle/PC9/netbackup.log

#############################################################################################
## Step 1 - Get the last created backup log
#############################################################################################
ssh -l ora${sid} ${primaryhost} "tail -2 /oracle/$ORACLE_SID/newbackup/sap_netbackup.log" >> ${RESULTFILE}

exit 0

And then it sends the mail.. looks like this

Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 14:18:15
Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 18:35:46
Oracle D01 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/11/08 21:00:48
Oracle D01 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/12/08 17:28:24
Oracle D02 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 21:01:23
Oracle D02 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 01:32:32

However i want to read the last line of the log file with name End Hot BACKUP and calculate the time taken from Begin Hot BACKUP to End Hot BACKUP and display the difference in hours/minutes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to remote db from unix script

Hi everybody, My bash script is trying to connect to a remote database using the 'sqlplus' binary.For this i set(export) the variable TWO_TASK to the value of database name excluding the dot extension part. Can anyone explain me what's the significance of this TWO_TASK variable while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting and Querying DB2 database from Unix Script?

I am trying to develop a script that can connect to a DB2 database mainframe and Query the database and display the results. I've been researching, but I have yet to find a definitive solution where I can enter in the Mainframe DB2 address db2:// and query the database and return the results. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script on a remote system via SSH

Hello all, I have a relatively simple script I wrote to generate a count of errors broken down. What I would like to do is execute this script from another server so that I don't actually have to log in to the server to run the check. The script on what we'll call "Server A" is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

7. Linux

connecting to SSH

Well im on Fedora, and theres no sub section for Fedora so yea Well how do you connect to an SSH, while on a windows terminal? And also to transfer a file from my desktop to a server? how is this done scp command is not working for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting using ssh

We have 2 different servers say A and B and I want to check the log file of 2 servers simultaneously. If I am logged into server A how can I connect to server B. I have used ssh username@B.But it is asking password. How can I give the password on ssh. Or is there any other utility for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP(1) 						   User Manuals 						   RDIFF-BACKUP(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-statistics - summarize rdiff-backup statistics files SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-statistics [--begin-time time] [--end-time time] [--minimum-ratio ratio] [--null-separator] [--quiet] repository DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-statistics reads the matching statistics files in a backup repository made by rdiff-backup and prints some summary statistics to the screen. It does not alter the repository in any way. The required argument is the pathname of the root of an rdiff-backup repository. For instance, if you ran "rdiff-backup in out", you could later run "rdiff-backup-statistics out". The output has two parts. The first is simply an average of the all matching session_statistics files. The meaning of these fields is explained in the FAQ included in the package, and also at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/FAQ.html#statistics. The second section lists some particularly significant files (including directories). These files are either contain a lot of data, take up increment space, or contain a lot of changed files. All the files that are above the minimum ratio (default 5%) will be listed. If a file or directory is listed, its contributions are subtracted from its parent. That is why the percentage listed after a directory can be larger than the percentage of its parent. Without this, the root directory would always be the largest, and the output would be boring. OPTIONS
--begin-time time Do not read statistics files older than time. By default, all statistics files will be read. time should be in the same format taken by --restore-as-of. (See TIME FORMATS in the rdiff-backup man page for details.) --end-time time Like --begin-time but exclude statistics files later than time. --minimum-ratio ratio Print all directories contributing more than the given ratio to the total. The default value is .05, or 5 percent. --null-separator Specify that the lines of the file_statistics file are separated by nulls (). The default is to assume that newlines separate. Use this switch if rdiff-backup was run with the --null-separator when making the given repository. --quiet Suppress printing of the "Processing statistics from session..." output lines. BUGS
When aggregating multiple statistics files, some directories above (but close to) the minimum ratio may not be displayed. For this reason, you may want to set the minimum-ratio lower than need. AUTHOR
Ben Escoto <ben@emerose.org>, based on original script by Dean Gaudet. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1), python(1). The rdiff-backup web page is at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/. Version 1.2.8 March 2009 RDIFF-BACKUP(1)