Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting non recursive search in the current directory only Post 302219045 by namishtiwari on Monday 28th of July 2008 02:44:16 AM
Old 07-28-2008
Do a
Code:
man find

and you will get your answer. You can also check the maxdepth option.

Thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about Restricting Search path of FIND to current directory

Hi, By default FIND command searches for matching files in all the subdirectories within the specified path. Is there a way to restrict FIND command's search path to only the specified directory and NOT TO scan its subdirectories. Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: super_duper_guy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict my search to current directory.

Hi every1, There is a folder with .lst files which has email id's of our project group. I want to find files which has my email id starting with sachin but i dont want find command to search subdirectories. I have read about prune but i didnt understand that. I am pretty new in this field.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip recursive content of folder when (not current directory=

Hi, Is there a way to zip the content (recursively) of a folder other then the current directory, and keep the directory structure intact? Example: /var/tmp/myfolder ----------------- file1 ----------------- file2 ----------------- folder1 ------------------------ file3 Now I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimih
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive directory search using ls instead of find

I was working on a shell script and found that the find command took too long, especially when I had to execute it multiple times. After some thought and research I came up with two functions. fileScan() filescan will cd into a directory and perform any operations you would like from within... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
8 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

C Program to search and read all named pipes in current directory

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program to search the current directory for all pipes. 1. It will print the pipe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natwickley
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting a Find search to the current directory only

Hi All, I am trying to delete file (with a mtime older than 2 days) from the current directory ONLY using: find . -daystart -maxdepth 1 -mtime 2 -exec rm {} \; but this doesn't seem to work it is still find files in subdirectories which I don't want to delete. Please can anyone offer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict Find only search the current directory?

hello, all I have googled internet, read the man page of Find, searched this forum, but still could not figure out how. My current directory is: little@wenwen:~$ pwd /home/little little@wenwen:~$ I want to use find command to list the files in my current directory, how should i write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Search recursive

before posting, I have tried to find my answer elsewhere. no luck. I need to find a file buried in a folder somewhere. Master folder has 10 sub folders. each sub folder has folders too. I found this but it does nothing I am on Mac and use Applescript. do shell script "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)