Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Newbie Linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Newbie Linux Post 302218969 by balumankala on Sunday 27th of July 2008 10:56:07 PM
Old 07-27-2008
And this is the output of df -h
Quote:
[root@localhost ~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
27G 7.6G 18G 31% /
/dev/hda9 99M 15M 80M 16% /boot
none 1.3G 0 1.3G 0% /dev/shm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is Linux 7.2 Redhat a good start for a newbie

Never used UNIX before. Is Linux redhat 7.2 a good start? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: derek
6 Replies

2. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux newbie question...

I'm running Vector Linux on this computer, and everythign works fine, except for the NIC. I run netconfig, and then when I reboot it says: DC21140 at 0x9400(PCI BUS 0, device 11) h/w address 00:00:C0:2E:13:dC, and reqquires IRQ 9(provided by PCI BIOS) Setting up net subsytems. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corey
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Newbie

I have installed Linux 7.2 and win 2000 but it only boot up with win 2000 . . could someone plz, help me out i know i have to change the settings in Lilo but how do i get access to the system i have created an startdisk but it tries to reinstall the system all the time, the system is alredy in but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Newbie: RH Linux: Mounting vfat as readable

Hi there! I have a question about mounting a file system as readable. I have the following line in my fstab for that purpose: /dev/hda1 /mnt/nt vfat defaults 0 0 It mounts the filesystem but I can only read from this, not write :( what do I have to change to make it readable? TIA! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

6. Fedora

Newbie at Linux Kernel programming!

Hi Friends, This is my first ever post on this forum. I am a new user in the Linux field. Although, I have been working for sometime with CentOS at my work, I would consider myself an amateur only in this field. :D The way file system works in linux and the reason its open-source, has really... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitrajjain
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

newbie: Linux Server Names & Types..!!!

Any one tell me about the list of Redhat Linux Enterprise 5 SERVERS and their functions. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman103
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux newbie scripting help needed (timer)

Hi, Newbie to Linux needing some help with scripting, here. I've written a script that allows easily shutting down, rebooting, or exiting to terminal mode via a Dialog menu after logging out of X-server. In my .bash_profile I have startx followed by running my script, shutdownmenu.sh, and it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pop45398
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with simple Linux commands - NEWBIE here!

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Newbie With Linux Clustering, Need Help!!

Hi All, I am new user here and a new one to try clustering with Ubuntu nodes, and need help. If I should be in another place please mention. I have a two nodes with Ubuntu 14.04 installed on them. I need to make a cluster consisting of these two nodes with purpose of experimentation with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IncognitoExpert
3 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - Low-level formats a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [-n] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices, the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n No verify. This option will disable the verification that is performed after the format. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) AVAILABILITY
The fdformat command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux 0.99 1 February 1993 FDFORMAT(8)