Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Webcam on xfce?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Webcam on xfce? Post 302218965 by Perderabo on Sunday 27th of July 2008 10:32:09 PM
Old 07-27-2008
The problem seems to be:
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory

But I have no idea why crt1.o is missing or what to tell to do to obtain it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Webcam installation...

I have a webcam and I wish to have it installed under my Linux box (Slack) - it works fine under Windows (when I had it), and I kinda want it installed now. The problem is I have no idea what make/model it is - here is the information on it:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

webcam on FreeBSD

Hello, guys ! I'm using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. Can anyone recomend me a good soft that I can use for video conferences ? I mean, something like Yahoo! Messenger on Windows. I want to make a video conference with a friend of mine, but I use FreeBSD and my friend is using Windows. So, any sugestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Webcam stuck in OSX

Hi I have a strange problem. I opened a dmg that supposedly contained the drivers for a webcam (Genius Look 316), i dragged the file to apps and ran it. My camera turned on and the program ran fine. Then I closed the program completely and deleted the application and my webcam wont turn off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twerdster
0 Replies

5. Debian

Webcam software?

Does anyone know if there is a webcam software (like webcamXP), but for Linux (Debian)? I need to have a program (with GUI), where I can add and manage multiple USB cameras, and be able to upload images via FTP. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guldstrand
0 Replies

6. Linux

udev rule + script for setting webcam's mic as audio input

Hello, whenever I plugin my webcam, I want to use its microphone instead of the one integrated in my laptop. I therefore created a udev rule: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="046d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0807", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/webcammic"This rule works, I've tested it with a testscript (the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MojoDodo
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Webcam and Skype not working properly

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Ubuntu 15.10. (I originally went with a later version but I was encountering lots of bugs. This version seems to be more stable for my system). Things are mostly working okay, but not my webcam. If I go to a website to test it, it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
0 Replies
XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)					      General Commands Manual					    XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)

NAME
xfce4-power-manager - The Xfce 4 Power manager SYNOPSIS
xfce4-power-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
xfce4-power-manager manages the power sources on the computer and the devices that can be controlled to reduce their power consumption (such as LCD brightness level, monitor sleep, CPU frequency scaling). In addition, xfce4-power-manager provides a set of freedesktop-com- pliant DBus interfaces to inform other applications about current power level so that they can adjust their power consumption, and it pro- vides the inhibit interface which allows applications to prevent automatic sleep actions via the power manager; as an example, the operat- ing system's package manager should make use of this interface while it is performing update operations. You can run xfce4-power-manager from the command line without specifying any extra arguments. OPTIONS
--no-daemon Starts the power manager in non-daemon mode: useful for debugging. --restart Causes the running power manager to restart. --customize Shows the configuration dialog. --quit Causes any running instance of xfce4-power-manager to exit. BUGS
Please report any bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/. Development discussion should be conducted on the goodies-dev@xfce.org mailing list. Usage related questions should be directed to the xfce@xfce.org mailing list. HOMEPAGE
http://goodies.xfce.org/ AUTHOR
Ali Abdallah <aliov@xfce.org> MANPAGE AUTHORS
Ali Abdallah <aliov@xfce.org>, Robby Workman <rworkman@slackware.com>. 31 March 2009 Version 0.8.0 XFCE4-POWER-MANAGER(1)