Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Webcam on xfce?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Webcam on xfce? Post 302218963 by Perderabo on Sunday 27th of July 2008 10:07:24 PM
Old 07-27-2008
I removed the icon. And by the way, when a new user posts a thread with a link, it goes to the moderation queue. This is to avoid spam. I approved the thread making it visible. Just in case you were wondering.

I don't know why you got that gcc problem though. If config.log had any info, post it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Webcam installation...

I have a webcam and I wish to have it installed under my Linux box (Slack) - it works fine under Windows (when I had it), and I kinda want it installed now. The problem is I have no idea what make/model it is - here is the information on it:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

webcam on FreeBSD

Hello, guys ! I'm using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. Can anyone recomend me a good soft that I can use for video conferences ? I mean, something like Yahoo! Messenger on Windows. I want to make a video conference with a friend of mine, but I use FreeBSD and my friend is using Windows. So, any sugestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Webcam stuck in OSX

Hi I have a strange problem. I opened a dmg that supposedly contained the drivers for a webcam (Genius Look 316), i dragged the file to apps and ran it. My camera turned on and the program ran fine. Then I closed the program completely and deleted the application and my webcam wont turn off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twerdster
0 Replies

5. Debian

Webcam software?

Does anyone know if there is a webcam software (like webcamXP), but for Linux (Debian)? I need to have a program (with GUI), where I can add and manage multiple USB cameras, and be able to upload images via FTP. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guldstrand
0 Replies

6. Linux

udev rule + script for setting webcam's mic as audio input

Hello, whenever I plugin my webcam, I want to use its microphone instead of the one integrated in my laptop. I therefore created a udev rule: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="046d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0807", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/webcammic"This rule works, I've tested it with a testscript (the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MojoDodo
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Webcam and Skype not working properly

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Ubuntu 15.10. (I originally went with a later version but I was encountering lots of bugs. This version seems to be more stable for my system). Things are mostly working okay, but not my webcam. If I go to a website to test it, it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
0 Replies
XFDESKTOP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      XFDESKTOP(1)

NAME
xfdesktop - The Xfce 4 Desktop Environment's desktop manager SYNOPSIS
xfdesktop xfdesktop [options] DESCRIPTION
xfdesktop manages the desktop itself in the Xfce 4 Desktop Environment. This includes drawing the desktop backdrop and providing a right- click applications menu and middle-click window list menu, as well as drawing icons on the desktop. Only one instance of xfdesktop can be running at a time, and should be started by running xfdesktop without any arguments. OPTIONS
--reload Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to reload all its settings, including loading a new random backdrop if using a back- drop list. --menu Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the applications menu at the current position of the mouse cursor. --windowlist Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the window list menu at the current position of the mouse cursor. ENVIRONMENT
xfdesktop's behavior is affected by the following environment variables. XDG_CONFIG_HOME Specifies the root for all user-specific configuration files. If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to ~/.config XDG_CONFIG_DIRS Specifies a colon-separated list of system directories in which to search for configuration data. If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to /etc/xdg FILES
xfdesktop searches for a menu description file in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/menus/xfce-applications.menu. xfdesktop can also use a user-customized menu in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/menus/. BUGS
Please report any bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/. Development discussion should be conducted on the xfce4-dev@xfce.org mailing list. Usage-related questions should be directed to the xfce@xfce.org mailing list. HOMEPAGE
http://xfce.org/ AUTHOR
Jasper Huijsmans <huysmans@users.sourceforge.net>, Benedikt Meurer <benny@xfce.org>, and Brian Tarricone <bjt23@cornell.edu>. This manual page was originally written by Brian Tarricone <bjt23@cornell.edu>. 2 December 2007 Version 4.5.x XFDESKTOP(1)