Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace space, that is not in html tags <> with new line using sed Post 302218952 by fpmurphy on Sunday 27th of July 2008 07:29:03 PM
Old 07-27-2008
One way ....
Code:
sed -e 's/ /%/g' -e 's/\(<[^>].*\)%\(.*>\)/\1 \2/g' -e 's/%/\
/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with the help of sed

Hi, i have below string - mynameis arpit i want output like below - mynameis\ arpit that i am getting from below - temp='mynameis arpit' echo $temp|sed 's//\\ /g' --> mynameis\ arpit now i am doing - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace html line into a command line?

hi! i'm trying to use sed for this, but i'm struggling a lot. i want to convert <div class="middle" id="middle">Friday, 20 April 2012<br /> <span class="hex">728CB5</span> <br /></div> into fbsetroot -solid '#728CB5' considering all information between 'id="middle">' and '<br />... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrofurano
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command

hi I am trying to use SED to replace the line matching a pattern using the command sed 'pattern c\ new line ' <file1 >file 2 I got two questions 1. how do I insert a blank space at the beginning of new line? 2. how do I use this command to execute multiple command using the -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed- Replace space in filename by a \

`echo $file | sed 's/ / /g'` Hey guys I want help in converting the spaces in my file names to '\ ' . Example: UK maps --> UK\ maps Could someone please help me. I have tried the following sequences already (none of them work): 1)s/ /\ /g 2)s/ /\\ /g 3)s/ /\\\ /g Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace HTML tags using sed regex

I need all the end tags of </font> to be replaced with new line yet enclosing tag to be retained </font>. Please help me in this regard. Input: <font>abc</font>def<font>ghi</font> Output: <font>abc</font> def <font>ghi</font> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Badhrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space with !@ using sed

Hello I have a requirement where I need to replace space :61 with !@ :61 Source :60F:123 :61:151 :61:151 :61:15101 Target :60F:123 :61:151!@:61:151!@:61:15101 I cant use and command as I don't want the tab to be converted . commands not working : sed 's/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamijia83
5 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)